Euro Paper Talk: Spurs to launch club record bid for Ligue 1 talent; Suarez’s £80m Prem return

Date published: Wednesday 7th February 2018 4:20

Tottenham could beat their transfer record for a Ligue 1 star, while Luis Suarez could be heading back to the Premier League in a surprise £80m switch, according to Wednesday’s European papers.

 

TOTTENHAM PLOT FRESH ASSAULT FOR MALCOM

Tottenham are planning to make Bordeaux an offer they can’t refuse for Malcom this summer after seeing efforts to land him fail in January.

Mauricio Pochettino’s side had been hopeful of a €35million (£30.9m) deal for the young Brazilian forward in January, before the Ligue 1 side decided to resist all approaches and keep Malcom until the summer at least.

But, according to Le 10 Sport, Tottenham will be back in for the 20-year-old during the summer transfer window and plan on raising their offer for the player, who also came under the watchful eye of Manchester United and Arsenal.

It’s suggested Tottenham could go as high as €50m (£44.2m) to land their man which would eclipse the £42million they paid Ajax for Davinson Sanchez in the summer and would represent the kind of offer that Bordeaux would find extremely difficult to resist.

Malcom has already expressed his desire to move on at the end of the season and it is reported his preferred destination is the Premier League.

Speaking last week, the Brazilian told Telefoot: “I wanted to leave in January, I tell the truth,” Malcom said to Telefoot. “It’s my dream to progress in my career.

 

“I spoke with the president [Stephane Martin], he told me that he knew it was my dream, but that he needed me.

“I told him he could count on me until the end [of the season]. I will do everything to bring Bordeaux to the top six in Ligue 1.

“I know I can do better,” Malcom continued.

“I will try to do everything because I like Bordeaux. I will give everything until the end to show that I stayed to help and do better.”

 

Like our dedicated Tottenham Facebook page for the latest news to your timeline

 

CHELSEA PLAN TO SPOIL SUAREZ HOMECOMING

Chelsea have been alerted by the news that Barcelona could be prepared to cash in on Luis Suarez this summer and are preparing an £80million offer for the former Liverpool striker.

That’s according to reports in Spain, which have been picked up by The Guardian, which claim the Uruguayan will become the club’s high-profile victim of Antoine Griezmann’s €100m arrival at the Nou Camp this summer.

Despite signing Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid for £63m last summer and Olivier Giroud for £18million from Arsenal in January, it’s claimed the Blues are still looking for more firepower this summer.

Since leaving Liverpool to join Barcelona, Suarez has scored 140 goals in 178 appearances for the Spanish giants.

However, it’s believed the player’s preference would be a return to Liverpool should Barcelona decide his time at the Nou Camp is over and the Reds are also strongly tipped to consider a move for their former favourite.

Suarez has netted 16 times in La Liga this season, in only 19 appearances, and would be sure to hit the ground running should he return to the Premier League this summer.

 

Like our dedicated Chelsea Facebook page for the latest news and features to your timeline

 

AND THE REST

Atletico Madrid are to launch a surprise summer raid for former loan star Thibaut Courtois amid claims he wants to leave Chelsea. Any signing of the Belgian would free up Jan Oblak to join either Liverpool or Arsenal (Don Balon)

 

Real Madrid will definitely sell Isco this summer should Zinedine Zidane stay in charge amid claims the Frenchman has run out of patience with the player. Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea have all made offers (Diario Gol)

Despite Chelsea suggestions that Antonio Conte’s job is safe, reports in Spain say the Blues have already contacted former Barcelona coach Luis Enrique and offered him a two-year deal (Sport)

Further to that, reports in Italy claim Conte is wanted by AC Milan, Inter and the Italy national team, while PSG and Real Madrid have also made contact with his agents amid doubts over Unai Emery and Zinedine Zidane (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Andrea Belotti: Wanted in Milan

AC Milan could still launch a summer bid for €100m-rated Manchester United target and Torino striker Andrea Belotti (Premium Sport)

AC Milan scouts will attend Porto’s Champions League match against Liverpool in order to watch 28-year-old Mexican midfielder Héctor Herrera (Tuttosport)

Bayern Munich star Robert Lewandowski is reported to have offered his services to Real Madrid this summer (AS)

Liverpool told they will have to pay through the nose if they want to land the ‘Lionel Messi of keepers’ in Roma star Alisson this summer (Il Romanista)

Everton failed with a cheeky €8m bid to land Espanyol central defender Mario Hermoso on transfer deadline day last month (Diario Gol)

Leander Dendoncker says he would have welcomed a move to West Ham from Anderlecht  – had they pursued him earlier in the window (Het Laatste Nieuws)

PSG have moved ahead of Chelsea and Man Utd for €60m-rated Juventus wing-back Alex Sandro this summer (L’Equipe)

Barcelona duo Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez are reportedly keen for their club to seal the transfer of Bayern Munich left-back David Alaba in the summer (Don Balon)

Arsenal face a battle to land summer target Max Meyer after Schalke claimed Barcelona had joined seven other clubs, including Arsenal, in the race to sign him (Bild)

Manchester United have been offered the chance to sign Karim Benzema and Ousmane Dembele this summer for a combined fee of £142m (Diario Gol)

Liverpool and Tottenham target Han Kwang-song rejected a move to Juventus in January as he, quite simply, didn’t want to move to Turin from Cagliari (Calciomercato)

Top Italian agent Federico Pastorello claims Mauro Icardi will definitely leave Inter Milan in a €110m switch to Real Madrid this summer (Tuttosport)

Paulo Dybala will “need a miracle” to return to fitness in time for Juventus’ Champions League first-leg showdown with Tottenham next month (Corriere dello Sport)

Arsenal and Liverpool target Thomas Lemar has informed Monaco he won’t be signing a new contract and wishes to move to the Premier League this summer (L’Equipe)

Rising star Patrick Cutrone is poised to sign a new contract with AC Milan (Sky Italia)

Gary Lineker has defended his stance on Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema and stated he still believes he the Real Madrid striker is overrated (El Transistor)

Inter Milan have agreed to sign Racing Club forward Lautaro Martinez for £17.7m in the summer (Tuttosport)

Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois has issued a blatant ‘come-and-get-me’ plea to Real Madrid (Sport / Foot)

 

Planet Sport quiz: Test your knowledge on Rafa Nadal’s career. (Tennis365)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments