Everton have made contact with Marcelo Bielsa regarding the possibility of him replacing Roberto Martinez at Goodison Park, according to a report in Brazil.
Martinez is under increasing pressure from Everton fans, with some holding up a banner calling for him to leave before Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Watford.
The result saw the Toffees fall two places in the Premier League to 14th, five points off a place in the top half and only two ahead of fifth-from-bottom Crystal Palace.
The Blues do have an FA Cup semi-final to look forward to later this month against either West Ham or Manchester United, but the Brazilian version of Goal.com claims Martinez is ‘practically out of the plans’ of the club’s board.
They are said to have approached Bielsa, who has been out of football since leaving Marseille at the start of the season after just one game.
The 60-year-old, who has previously managed Argentina, Chile and Athletic Bilbao, is said to have rejected offers from Brazil, Argentina and Spain in recent months but has expressed a desire to work in the Premier League.
The Liverpool Echo later rubbished the claims about Bielsa, suggesting the manager’s agent was hawking his client around a number of clubs including Espanyol and Valencia.