Everton have lost only two of their last 12 Premier League games against Southampton but could be without several players at Goodison Park on Saturday.
Everton striker Romelu Lukaku did not train on Thursday with a groin problem picked up against Crystal Palace while Leighton Baines, Ross Barkley and Aaron Lennon are also doubts after picking up knocks in that 0-0 draw on Wednesday.
James McCarthy was dismissed at Selhurst Park and starts a suspension, while neither Phil Jagielka nor Tom Cleverley are ready to return yet.
Southampton striker Charlie Austin misses out after twisting his knee during the warm-up before the win over Newcastle last weekend, but Steven Davis has recovered from an ankle problem and is available.
- Everton have lost just two of their last 12 Premier League meetings with Southampton (W6 D4 L2).
- Romelu Lukaku has scored four goals and one own goal in six Premier League appearances against Southampton.
- Three of Southampton’s last five goals in this fixture have been own goals.
- Everton have won just one of their last nine Premier League games at Goodison Park (W1 D2 L6).
- In fact, the Toffees have collected as many points from their last 10 home games in the Premier League as Aston Villa have (8).
- Everton have won just 16 points at home this season in the Premier League – their previous worst tally in a single season was 25 in 1996-97.
- Despite that, Lukaku has had a hand in 14 goals (nine goals, five assists) in 16 Premier League appearances at Goodison Park this season.
- Shane Long has now equalled his best tally of goals in a single Premier League season (8) – the Irish striker has scored three times in his six PL apps.
- Graziano Pellè has scored four goals and assisted three more in his last four Premier League appearances.
- Pellè has become the fifth Southampton player to score 10+ goals in successive Premier League seasons after Le Tissier, Beattie, Lambert and Phillips.