CHELSEA TARGET MOVE FOR PEDRO
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is considering a £20million move for Barcelona forward Pedro, according to the Daily Mirror.
Mourinho is a known admirer of the Spain international, who has reportedly spoken to Blues midfielder Cesc Fabregas about moving to the Premier League champions.
The 27-year-old would certainly improve Mourinho’s attacking options and would most likely line-up on the right of a front three.
Pedro’s arrival, however, could signal a departure from Stamford Bridge, with Oscar’s future seemingly in the balance.
The Brazil star, who was linked with a move to Juventus towards the end of last season, has failed to convince Mourinho that he can be a regular starter in the number 10 role and may find that he will be moved on to make way for Pedro.
TOTTENHAM MOVE IN FOR TOFFEES DUO
The Independent claims that Tottenham are closing in on Everton pair James McCarthy and Kevin Mirallas.
This isn’t exactly new news but it would seem that this particular rumour is gathering some pace and that a Spurs move for one or both could happen fairly soon.
The interest in Mirallas makes much more sense for Tottenham than a bid for McCarthy, as Mauricio Pochettino prefers to play a front three and you could argue that Mirallas is an improvement on the wide players currently at White Hart Lane.
McCarthy, however, is a very similar player to Nabil Bentaleb and Ryan Mason – albeit a slightly more experienced midfield version of those two – and would not necessarily prove to be much of an upgrade.
NORWICH COULD FORCE GAYLE MOVE
Norwich City are keeping tabs on Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle, claims the Daily Mirror.
This is a strange one. Not from Norwich’s point of view but from Palace’s, as Gayle is a big fans favourite and always looks a goal threat when he pulls on an Eagles shirt.
The 25-year-old has scored 12 goals in 48 league appearances for the club and, with the passing ability from midfield of new signing Yohan Cabaye, could be a real threat to Premier League defences with his pace and movement next season.
It would appear, however, that Alan Pardew doesn’t really fancy him and Palace’s loss could well be Norwich’s gain.
AND THE REST
– Raheem Sterling will get his dream move to Manchester City – for £49million (The Sun).
– Bastian Schweinsteiger hailed his £15million move to Manchester United as a dream come true (The Sun).
– Manchester United are ready to block David De Gea’s Real Madrid move unless a deal can be put in motion on Monday (The Sun).
– Tim Sherwood saluted skipper Fabian Delph for turning his back on Manchester City’s millions (The Sun).
– Scott Dann has agreed a double-your-money deal to stay at Crystal Palace (The Sun).
– Raheem Sterling will become Manchester City’s £100million man (Daily Mirror).
– Fabian Delph pulled the plug on Manchester City after speaking to former Etihad players Scott Sinclair and Micah Richards (Daily Mirror).
– Leicester have made a bold bid to land Marseille boss Marcelo Bielsa (Daily Mirror).
– Southampton are in advanced talks to sign Feyenoord midfielder Jordy Clasie (Daily Mirror).
– West Brom remain keen on QPR winger Matt Phillips despite also bidding for Nottingham Forest flier Michail Antonio (Daily Mirror).
– Stoke have signed former Liverpool defender Glen Johnson on an initial two-year contract (Express).
– Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc has intimated he would like to sign Angel Di Maria from Manchester United (Express).
– Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez could be joining MLS side Orlando City (Express).
– Raheem Sterling’s imminent record-breaking £49m transfer from Liverpool to – Manchester City will earn QPR £9m from the deal thanks to a 20% sell-on clause (Daily Mail).
– Liverpool are now ready to up their attempts to sign Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke after cashing in on Raheem Sterling (Daily Mail).
– Bastian Schweinsteiger has admitted he could not turn down the challenge of moving to Manchester United (Daily Mail).
– PSG have received encouragement from Manchester United that their pursuit of Ángel Di María can be successful this summer as the French champions seek to make amends for missing out on the Argentina winger a year ago when he left Real Madrid (The Guardian).
– Jordy Clasie has moved closer to joining Southampton after Feyenoord left out the midfielder from a pre-season friendly because of “serious interest” (The Times).