Paper Talk: Arsenal and Liverpool eye ‘next Fabregas’

Date published: Tuesday 8th September 2015 7:58

Jon Walters, Breem Embolo and Dani Ceballos in the news

Jon Walters, Breem Embolo and Dani Ceballos in the news

Arsenal and Liverpool want Real Betis midfielder Dani Ceballos, the Gunners will rival Spurs for Breel Embolo, while Stoke have ‘forgiven’ Jon Walters.

ARSENAL AND LIVERPOOL CHASE CEBALLOS

Arsenal and Liverpool are on the trail of Spanish starlet Dani Ceballos and are considering making moves when the transfer window opens again in January, according to the Daily Mirror.

The Real Betis midfielder, who has been likened to Cesc Fabregas, has been tipped for the top.

Ceballos has already caught the eye in La Liga – fresh from starring in his country’s Under-19 European Championship triumph earlier in the summer.

Clubs have been alerted that Ceballos has less than a year on his contract, with the buyout clause set a £7.5million.

But the Gunners and the Reds continue to send their scouts to run the rule over Ceballos as they aim to move first in January.

They believe they can snap up the teenager for a cut-price fee as Betis fear he will leave for nothing.

Ceballos, 19, could sign a pre-contract agreement before arriving next summer.

 

GUNNERS TO RIVAL SPURS FOR EMBOLO

FC Basel’s teenage star Breel Embolo is attracting the interest of Arsenal and they will rival north London rivals Tottenham for his signature.

The report comes via the Daily Express, who quote Italian website Calciomercato, and say the duo are pondering a £10million January swoop for the player after sending scouts to watch the highly-rated 18-year-old midfielder or forward.

Embolo could feature for the Swiss against England in their Euro 2016 qualifier at Wembley on Tuesday evening.

 

STOKE WELCOME BACK WALTERS

Stoke insist they are ready to welcome Jon Walters back into the fold, despite his request to leave during the transfer window.

The Republic of Ireland forward was wanted by Leicester, West Brom and Norwich last month, but a move failed to materialise despite the player asking the club to let him move on.

Walters was said to be fearing a backlash from supporters, but the 31-year-old has had messages of support and recently tweeted: “Appreciate support from all the Stokies #specialclub.”

And Potters number two Mark Bowen said, in quotes in The Sun: “He remains an important member of the squad and retains the respect he’s always had.

“He’ll come back and be treated like just before.”

 

AND THE REST

  • Jonny Williams will continue the Crystal Palace exodus by joining Nottingham Forest today (Daily Mirror)
  • Moussa Sissoko has risked angering Newcastle fans by claiming Crystal Palace are a bigger club (Daily Mirror)
  • Clubs now pay more out in wages than transfer fees, according to a “staggering” FIFA report (Daily Mail)
  • Iker Casillas has branded Manchester United “ungrateful” for their treatment of his fellow Spain goalkeeper Victor Valdes (Daily Express)

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *