Arsenal want PSG pair Edinson Cavani and Adrien Rabiot but may lose Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, while Tottenham are chasing three deadline-day deals.
ARSENAL IN TALK FOR PSG PAIR
Arsenal held talks with Paris Saint-Germain on Monday over Edinson Cavani and Adrien Rabiot.
The Daily Mail claims the Gunners switched attention to the powerful Uruguayan striker after finally admitting defeat in their attempts to prise Karim Benzema from Real Madrid.
It’s also claimed the Gunners are also keen to sign his PSG team-mate – and long-term target Rabiot.
The holding midfielder has been watched extensively by Gunners scouts. The Frenchman was sent off after just 28 minutes of the club’s opening game of this Ligue 1 season, but impressed last year as PSG won a domestic treble.
The Ligue 1 club may sell attacking midfielder Ezequiel Lavezzi, but Arsenal have a wealth of options in that position.
Arsene Wenger has only brought in one major signing – goalkeeper Petr Cech from Chelsea – this summer, and could add more players if his targets become available on deadline day.
SPURS EYE TRIPLE SWOOP
Spurs are attempting a £15m raid for West Ham’s Cheikhou Kouyate and with the deadline-day clock ticking, Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is also looking at late moves to capture Saido Berahino and Victor Wanyama.
The 25-year-old Kouyate – a central midfielder – joined the Hammers from Belgian giants Anderlecht in June 2014 and has made 37 appearances for the club, scoring six goals.
According to The Sun, the Senegalese international is wanted by Mauricio Pochetinno to play alongside Southampton’s Victor Wanyama in a new-look holding midfield partnership, although Saints have so far refused to budge on Kenyan Wanyama’s wish to leave.
And finally, the paper, as well as most of their Fleet Street competitors, also claim a deal for West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino will be resurrected and will go through for around £25m before the 6pm deadline.
GALATASARAY EYE OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
Turkish giants Galatasaray are preparing a huge offer for Arsenal star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
The Daily Mirror claims they have made contact to enquire about the England international’s availability and are determined to try to get their man.
A French agent has got the mandate to attempt to broker a deal for the 22-year-old, who has got three years left on his current deal at the Gunners.
Galatasaray are clearly thinking about the future rather than this window but they are deadly serious about making it happen – and insist they have got the money.
It would be a huge statement for Turkish football, and that is why Galatasaray are ready to throw money at it.
Turkish clubs have generally signed players in their late 20s or early 30s, such as Robin van Persie, Lukas Podolski and Wesley Sneijder. So this is a marked shift in their tactics.
Arsenal have yet to begin serious negotiations with Oxlade-Chamberlain about a new contract, but will be determined to keep one of their prized assets.
AND THE REST
– West Brom and Tottenham are attempting to close a loan move for Manchester United forward James Wilson before the close of the transfer window on Tuesday night (Daily Mail)
– Chelsea are close to signing Nantes defender Papy Djilobodji (various)
– Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor has been offered to Manchester United as a solution to their striking problems at Old Trafford (Daily Mail)
– Southampton are resisting Tottenham’s strenuous attempts to land Victor Wanyama before Tuesday’s transfer deadline (Daily Mail)
– Tottenham will make one final offer for West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino on Tuesday (various)
– Meanwhile, Spurs could be tempted to make a last-gasp attempt to sign forward Ayoze Perez from Newcastle for £15m (Daily Mail)
– West Ham are being forced to fight off late competition from Tottenham in their bid to sign Chelsea forward Victor Moses (Daily Mail)
– West Brom are in talks over a £5m move for Napoli midfielder David Lopez but face competition from Leicester City (Daily Mail)
– Everton are battling to snap up Swiss wonderkid Breel Embolo for £14.5m but the Toffees fear they could lose out in a January auction for the Basle teenager, who is one of Europe’s hottest talents (The Sun)
– Steve McClaren looks likely to be frustrated in his bid to offload Papiss Cisse and bring in a new striker. The Senegal hitman, 30, is unsettled at Newcastle and wanted a move abroad, with Turkish outfit Galatasaray keen.
– Bournemouth have agreed to buy Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray for £5m (various)
– QPR have made a shock £5m bid for Club Brugge forward Obbi Oulare (The Sun)
– West Ham have upped their bid for Nottingham Forest winger Michail Antonio to £7m (The Sun)
– Everton will complete a £6m deal for Ramiro Funes Mori on deadline day morning after getting the all-clear on a work permit (Daiuly Mirror)
– Roberto Martinez is also still hopeful of doing more business before the transfer window closes at 6pm, as Everton reopened talks with Spurs over a possible deal for Aaron Lennon (various)
– Sunderland will return to Anfield on Deadline Day to try and tempt defender Tiago Ilori to join them on loan (Daily Mirror)
– Tottenham are being left to sweat over their last-ditch bid to sign striker Saido Berahino by West Bromwich Albion chairman Jeremy Peace (The Times)
– Southampton are confident of completing an £11.5m deal for Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk and also keeping both Victor Wanyama and Sadio Mane (The Times)
– Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has won the battle for Jonathan de Guzman on a season loan from Napoli (Daily Star)
– West Brom expect a final beat-the-deadline move from Tottenham for Saido Berahino on Tuesday that could pave the way for a double-raid by Tony Pulis on QPR for Charlie Austin and Matt Phillips (Daily Express)
– Jozo Simunovic and Ryan Christie will complete their moves to Celtic while Virgil van Dijk is poised to join Southampton for £10m (Daily Express)
– Aaron Lennon is hoping Everton will rescue him from the wilderness at Tottenham (Daily Express)
– Celtic and Southampton face a 72-hour stand-off over Virgil van Dijk after his potential replacement was paraded at Parkhead on Monday (Daily Record)
– Meanwhile, Celtic are set to launch a second £4m move for Dinamo Zagreb stopper Jozo Simunovic (Daily Record)