ARSENAL MAKE LLORENTE ENQUIRY
With Arsenal director Lord Harris claiming the club can now afford to buy any player in the world apart from Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has apparently set his sights on Fernando Llorente.
Harris revealed that Wenger had identified a centre-forward that was keen to move to Emirates Stadium, and according to The Sun that man is Llorente, who Juventus are willing to sell, according to a ‘top Juve source’ quoted by the tabloid.
The 30-year-old was linked with Manchester United on Wednesday, but the source claims it is Arsenal rather than the Red Devils that have made an enquiry as they consider an £8million offer.
SPURS EYE BERAHINO AND BOLASIE
Tottenham are set to firm up their long-standing interest in West Brom striker Saido Berahino with an official offer, according to the Daily Mirror.
Spurs were interested in the England Under-21 striker in January and with Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor both seemingly on their way out of White Hart Lane the north Londoners are ready to seriously test the Baggies’ resolve to keep hold of a player with two years left on his contract.
Albion are attempting to tie the 21-year-old down to a new deal but could command a fee of £15million should they decide to sell him, the Mirror believes.
Spurs are also one of three clubs, along with West Ham and Aston Villa, that are considering bidding for Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie, according to the same newspaper.
SHERWOOD DESPERATE FOR DEALS
Bolasie is one of several players linked with Aston Villa in Friday’s newspapers, with the Daily Mirror again claiming he wants to sign Emmanuel Adebayor, Andros Townsend and 18-year-old Josh Onomah from Tottenham, although the latter of the trio is unlikely to be let go.
The Sun, meanwhile, claims the Villans held talks with former Leicester midfielder Esteban Cambiasso over a move on Thursday and also lodged a £6million bid for Blackburn striker Rudy Gestede, who is also wanted by Norwich.
Villa, along with Leicester, have also registered an interest in Sporting Lisbon striker Islam Slimani, according to The Times.
AND THE REST
– Real Madrid’s president, Florentino Pérez, and chief executive, José Ángel Sánchez, will hold talks with Sergio Ramos in China this weekend, when they will tell the central defender they do not want to sell him, despite his desire to leave for Manchester United (The Guardian)
– Olivier Giroud has eased Arsene Wenger’s frustrations up front by signing an improved contract (Daily Mirror)
– Mohamed Salah is on the verge of a move to Roma after the Italian club reached agreement with Chelsea to take the Egypt winger on loan, at a cost of about £2 million, with a view to a £14 million move next summer (The Times)
– Inter Milan are on the verge of a deal to sign Stevan Jovetic on loan with a guarantee of a £10.5million move next summer (The Times)
– Watford have reached agreement on a £3million deal for Alkmaaar winger Steven Berghuis (The Times)
– Abou Diaby will have a medical with West Brom this week (The Times/Daily Mail)
– West Ham may sign Barcelona midfielder Alen Halilovic (The Times)
– Crystal Palace and Leicester have enquired about James Chester, who Hull rate at £8million (Daily Mail)
– Bournemouth and Norwich are keen to sign Benfica midfielder Filip Djuricic for £7million (Daily Mirror)
– Middlesbrough have offered Blackburn a £12million package for Jordan Rhodes (Daily Mail)