CITY ‘SOUNDED OUT’ OVER OTAMENDI
Sergio Ramos is looking increasingly unlikely to leave Real Madrid this summer, with Rafa Benitez saying he is “100 per cent” sure the defender will stay at the Bernabeu.
The Daily Mirror claims Manchester City are ‘keeping close tabs’ on the situation in case it changes, with Manuel Pellegrini still in the market for a centre-half, but it is Nicolas Otamendi that the city rivals could yet end up fighting over.
The 27-year-old has been heavily tipped to move to Old Trafford this summer but, with United still holding out hope of landing Ramos, the Mirror claims City have been ‘sounded out’ over the availability of a player that is keen to leave Valencia this summer.
CITY GOING ALL OUT FOR DE BRUYNE
It was reported by the Manchester Evening News on Wednesday that City had set a spending limit of £40million for Kevin De Bruyne, but the Daily Mirror’s back page says the Blues are willing to offer up to £60million to land the Wolfsburg midfielder.
De Bruyne has informed the German club he wishes to leave this summer, which has left them resigned to losing the Bundesliga Player of the Season, according to the tabloid, but City may still have to beat the British transfer record, the £59.7million Manchester United paid for Angel Di Maria, to get their man.
LENNON AND ADEBAYOR TRAINING WITH KIDS
The exodus of players at Tottenham is showing no signs of slowing up, with Aaron Lennon and Emmanuel Adebayor seemingly the most likely candidates to leave White Hart Lane next.
The pair are training away from Mauricio Pochettino’s first-team squad, with the Under-21s, according to the Daily Telegraph, after being told they have no chance of working their way into the manager’s plans for the upcoming season.
Spurs are said to want a £9million for Lennon, which has so far put off interested parties, but the newspaper adds West Ham would consider signing the winger for the right price if they fail to land Everton’s Kevin Mirallas.
AND THE REST
– Angel Di Maria is “not expected” to play for Manchester United again as his move to Paris Saint-Germain draws closer (Daily Mirror)
– Manchester United are taking a look at New York Red Bulls prospect Matt Olosunde as the 16-year-old defender trains with the club (Daily Mail)
– Manchester City are close to agreeing a deal under which Stevan Jovetic will join Internazionale permanently next summer for €15m (£10.5m) after spending the 2015-16 season on loan at the Serie A club (The Guardian)
– Wojciech Szczesny has agreed to join Roma on a season-long loan from Arsenal (Daily Telegraph)
– Chancel Mbemba is set for a medical at Newcastle on Thursday ahead of his £8.5m switch from Anderlecht
– Rolando Aarons is set to sign a new contract with Newcastle amid interest from Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool (Daily Star)
– Swansea striker Bafetimbi Gomis is seriously considering a move to Al Ahli in Dubai after they offered a salary of £3.5m-a-year tax free (Daily Mail)
– West Ham United are interested in signing Esteban Cambiasso after the midfielder rejected a new Leicester City contract (Daily Telegraph/Mail)
– West Brom will continue talks with Liverpool over a deal for Rickie Lambert but have also made enquiries for Borussia Dortmund’s Adrian Ramos (Daily Mail)