Paper Talk: Neymar set for new deal, Ronaldo exit fee

Date published: Friday 11th September 2015 8:15

Barcelona & Real Madrid: Both in the news

Barcelona & Real Madrid: Both in the news

Manchester United target Neymar is set to sign a new deal with Barcelona, while Real Madrid have warned PSG they’d have to pay a 1 billion euros release clause to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

PSG warned over 1bn euros Ronaldo release clause

Paris Saint-Germain have been told that they will have to pay 1 billion euros to prise Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid, according to the Daily Telegraph.

The Ligue One club had been linked with a move for the 30-year-old this summer, and were rumoured to have made a last minute offer of 110m euros for the forward.

However Real Madrid president, Florentino Perez, has warned PSG that they will have to smash the world record transfer fee in order to sign the Portuguese captain.

Speaking on Spanish radio, Florentino Perez claimed: “If PSG want Cristiano Ronaldo it’s simple: they have to pay the 1billion euros release clause.”

No one is a prophet in football, but we don’t want to sell him in 2016, he still has 3 years left on his contract,” he added.

Rumours of Ronaldo’s potential exit from the Bernabeu began to surface with reports that the ex-Manchester United man was unhappy with Rafa Benitez and his training methods.

The price-tag for Ronaldo is unlikely to put off PSG’s Qatari owners, who forked out £46million for former Real Madrid winger, Angel Di Maria, earlier this summer.

Neymar set for new Barcelona deal

Neymar is set to open contract talks with Barcelona about doubling his salary and making him the club’s second highest-paid player behind only Lionel Messi.

The Brazilian was linked with Manchester United late in the summer and the Daily Mirror claims that, despite public denials that he wished to leave, he told friends while on holiday that he was considering a move to Old Trafford.

Barca believe that this is purely a negotiation tactic, however, as Neymar’s father looks to double his son’s after-tax salary to over £200,000 per week and put him second behind Messi in the club’s pecking order.

The 23-year-old has a clause in his deal, signed on arriving in summer 2013, that states his contract must be renegotiated in its third season.

The forward’s entourage believe his range of endorsements, including a multi-million dollar arrangement with Barca sponsor Nike, mean that Neymar is a far more marketable asset to the club than the likes of Andres Iniesta and Luis Suarez – two players who he is looking to leapfrog in the salary stakes.

Raul Sanllehi, a financial executive for the Spanish giants, is taking charge of negotiations with a view to keeping Neymar at the club until at least 2020 and the club don’t envisage any difficulty in tying him to the Nou Camp.

And the rest

– Andre Villas-Boas will quit as coach of Zenit St Petersburg at the end of the season after rejecting a new deal (various)

– Bournemouth are to hand striker Yann Kermorgant with a new contract (The Sun)

– Shola Ameobi will sign a contract with Huddersfield for the rest of the season (The Sun)

– Crystal Palace insist Mile Jedinak still has a future at the club after the collapse of a deadline day move to Stoke (Daily Star)

– Sunderland forward Duncan Watmore has become only the second Premier League player to receive a first-class honours degree – in Economics and Business Management (Daily Mail)

– Everton chairman Bill Kenwright insists the Toffees are not a selling club and never have been, after fending off interest in John Stones, Leighton Baines and Kevin Mirallas in the summer (Daily Mirror)

– Chelsea bosses have insisted they have learned from Josh McEachran’s time at Stamford Bridge after the player failed to make the grade at the club. McEachran, 22, insisted that he had to leave the Blues in order to save his career, ahead of signing for Brentford in the Championship this summer (Daily Mirror)

– Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood is convinced he has a bargain after Liverpool stunned him by letting Tiago Ilori leave on loan (The Sun)

– Jake Livermore has targeted a return to action next month after escaping a drugs ban. The Hull midfielder has targeted the home clash against promotion rivals Ipswich on October 20.

– Watford new-boy Victor Ibarbo has had to leave England to sort out visa problems. The Colombia international forward, 25, was signed 10 days ago on loan from Roma (The Sun)

– Mark Hughes is ready to bring contract rebel Jon Walters in from the cold. The Stoke forward, 31, is set for a recall at Arsenal on Saturday (The Sun)

– Arsene Wenger has told anxious Arsenal fans that simply signing players is not a magical solution to all of their problems and has called on them to back the players who are already at the club (The Independent)

– Derby head coach Paul Clement has confirmed he has enquired about Manchester United striker James Wilson (Daily Express)

– Burnley have formally requested the Premier League sets up a compensation committee to establish the fee Liverpool must pay for Danny Ings (Daily Express)

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *