KIT LAUNCH ABSENCE SPARKS OTAMENDI TALK
The Daily Express is claiming that Nicolas Otamendi is close to a move to Manchester United after the Valencia defender was left out of their new kit launch.
The 27-year-old former Porto centre-back looks to be an alternative option to Sergio Ramos, who Rafa Benitez claims will be staying at Real Madrid.
The Argentina international, who has won 25 caps for his country, has a style of play that would certainly suit the Premier League and is reportedly keen on a move to England.
CHELSEA TO RIVAL TOON FOR MITROVIC
Chelsea are ready to hijack Newcastle’s bid to sign striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, says the Daily Star.
The 20-year-old, who is valued by his club Anderlecht at £15million, wants to play Champions League football and is understood to be asking for wages of £60,000 a week.
Jose Mourinho is actively looking to bring in another striker to supplement Diego Costa and Radamel Falcao, with Loic Remy almost certain to leave Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea have also been strongly linked with a move for Barcelona forward Pedro, but he will stay at the Camp Nou if Joan Laporta wins the club’s presidency again.
BAGGIES TARGET MOVE FOR LAMBERT
The Daily Mirror claims that West Brom boss Tony Pulis has made a move for Liverpool striker Rickie Lambert.
The 33-year-old former England striker has had limited opportunities under Brendan Rodgers and is reportedly keen to leave the club in search of first-team football.
Baggies chief Pulis wants to strengthen his attacking options and a move for a proven Premier League goalscorer certainly makes sense.
AND THE REST
– Liverpool have beaten bitter rivals Manchester United to the punch by triggering Christian Benteke’s £32.5million release clause (The Sun).
– Tottenham have made an £8million move for Chelsea winger Victor Moses (The Sun).
– Arsenal are giving Hector Bellerin a hefty pay rise as reward for his emergence as first-choice right-back (The Sun).
– Leicester forward Leonardo Ulloa is a target for Turkish club Besiktas (The Sun).
– Jack Wilshere wants talks with Arsene Wenger to clarify his Arsenal position amid concerns over playing time at the Emirates Stadium (The Sun).
– Liverpool are on the brink of completing a £32.5million deal for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke )Daily Mirror).
– Filipe Luis is closing in on a return to Atletico Madrid, with Chelsea confident of landing Abdul Baba Rahman as his replacement (Daily Mirror).
– Newcastle manager Steve McClaren has made a fresh move for QPR striker Charlie Austin (Daily Mirror).
– Claudio Ranieri is hoping to make Nice star Nampalys Mendy his first signing at Leicester (Daily Mirror).
– Reading want £4million from Swansea for Wales winger Hal Robson-Kanu (Daily Mirror).
– Liverpool are poised to take their summer spending beyond £80million after triggering the release clause in Christian Benteke’s contract (Daily Mail).
– Chelsea have finalised a £6.3million deal for young Brazilian forward Kenedy (Daily Mail).
– Tottenham are prepared to offer £12million plus winger Aaron Lennon for Everton midfielder James McCarthy (Daily Mail).
– Newcastle are likely to make a £15million bid for QPR striker Charlie Austin in the next 48 hours (Daily Mail).
– New Barcelona signing Arda Turan could head out on loan until he is eligible to play at the Nou Camp – but not to a Champions League club, according to club president Josep Maria Bartomeu (Daily Mail).
– Paris Saint-Germain believe they can finalise a deal for Angel Di Maria this weekend (Daily Mail).
– Bayern Munich are moving quickly to replace Bastian Schweinsteiger as they close in on a move for Arturo Vidal while Mario Gotze could move in the opposite direction (Daily Mail).
– West Brom will step up their interest in Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry after Nottingham Forest rejected their £5million offer for winger Michail Antonio (Daily Star).
– Chelsea are set to lose another striker as Loic Remy is closing in on a transfer to Crystal Palace (Daily Mail).
– Chelsea’s bid to sign Barcelona winger Pedro for £22million will be blocked if Joan Laporta wins the presidential election at the Nou Camp on Saturday (The Independent).
– Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette will not leave the club for less than £35million, says the President of the French club (The Independent).
– Paris Saint-Germain believe that Angel Di Maria wants to join them – but they will not sell Edinson Cavani to Manchester United as part of any deal (Daily Telegraph).
– Arsenal have been handed a boost after the agent of Schalke’s Julian Draxler played down reports of a summer move to Juventus (Daily Express).
– Tottenham are prepared to challenge Manchester City for Everton star James McCarthy (Daily Express).
– Arsenal are set to make an improved offer in excess of £30million for Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Daily Telegraph).
– AC Milan have handed Arsenal and Liverpool a huge boost in their pursuit of Monaco defender Aymen Abdennour by ruling themselves out of the running (Daily Telegraph).
– Bayern Munich are set to seal the signing of Arturo Vidal from Juventus after submitting an offer of €40million (£28million) for the Chilean midfielder (The Guardian).
– Angel Di Maria, the Manchester United midfielder, has an ‘agreement in principle’ to move to Paris Saint-Germain (The Times).