CITY TO RIVAL UNITED FOR RAMOS
Manchester City are ready to battle Manchester United for the signing of Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos, according to the Daily Mirror.
The 29-year-old has fallen out with Real president Florentino Perez over contract talks with the club and is now tipped to leave the Bernabeu this summer – with United already seeing one bid rejected.
Negotiations are also dragging on over David de Gea, and the Mirror claims City are ‘monitoring the situation with a view to capitalising on the rising tensions between the two clubs’.
BORINI HEADING TO WEST HAM
Liverpool forward Fabio Borini is close to joining West Ham for £8million, according to The Sun.
The Italian failed to establish himself for the Reds last season after returning from a loan spell at Sunderland – and Brendan Rodgers wants to move him on to make space for Christian Benteke.
Liverpool are yet to lodge a bid for the Belgian, according to The Independent, but are hoping Aston Villa will budge on their £32.5million valuation and are prepared to offer players in return.
The Independent mentions Borini and Rickie Lambert as potential makeweights, but the former is seemingly heading to London for talks and a medical with West Ham instead.
LAMELA TO LEAD SPURS EXODUS
Erik Lamela is in talks with at least one Italian club, Juventus, according to the Daily Mirror as Tottenham prepare to cut their losses on five of the players bought in the wake of Gareth Bale’s sale two summers ago.
The north Londoners are said to have accepted the fact they will not recoup their money on Lamela, Roberto Soldado, Etienne Capoue, Paulinho and Vlad Chiriches but want to clear the decks to enable Mauricio Pochettino to reshape his squad.
Younes Kaboul, Emmanuel Adebayor and Aaron Lennon are also free to leave White Hart Lane this summer.
AND THE REST
– Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea may be forced to see out the final year of his contract at Old Trafford with Real Madrid refusing to meet the Old Trafford club’s £20million asking price (Daily Mail)
– Manchester United have been told ‘no deal’ in their bid to snatch Everton’s Seamus Coleman (The Sun)
– An Arsenal source insists Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal is not a target for the club (The Sun)
– Southampton are confident of landing £15million-rated Marseille midfielder Giannelli Imbula to replace Manchester United-bound Morgan Schneiderlin (Daily Mirror)
– Southampton boss Ronald Koeman is ready to pounce for in-demand Anderlecht midfielder Dennis Praet (Daily Mirror/Daily Star)
– Aston Villa are in talks with Groningen over the signing of Dutch attacking midfielder Tjaronn Chery (The Sun)
– Chelsea plan to send Andreas Christensen to Borussia Moenchengladbach – despite the rookie defender agreeing a new deal (Daily Mirror)
– Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has upped his interest in Saint-Etienne’s former Leeds and Leicester winger Max Gradel (Daily Mirror)
– Norwich are desperate to offload Gary Hooper – but are demanding their money back on the striker (The Sun)
– Watford want to sell Daniel Pudil, Daniel Tozser and Lewis McGugan (The Sun)
– Leeds are planning a £3million swoop for powerhouse Ternana striker Felipe Avenatti (The Sun)