SCHNEIDERLIN TO MOVE THIS WEEK?
Ronald Koeman said on Monday that Southampton were yet to hear back from Manchester United since rejecting an offer for Morgan Schneiderlin he described as “not serious”.
That could be about to change, however, with United apparently hoping to complete the signing of the France midfielder before the team flies to the United States on Monday.
United’s opening bid for Schneiderlin is said to have been around £20million, well short of Saints’ £27million valuation, but the Red Devils believe they can do a deal this week for around £25million, according to The Guardian.
Feyenoord midfielder Jordy Clasie is said to be Koeman’s top target to replace Schneiderlin, while United are also reported to be close to signing Torino right-back Matteo Darmian.
CITY TO GIVE UP ON POGBA
Manchester City are expected to make a third offer for Raheem Sterling this week that could well be enough to convince Liverpool into selling the England winger after he asked to be left out of their pre-season tour.
However, City are ready to give up on another of their primary summer targets, Paul Pogba, after being put off by the £100million-plus package it would take to sign the midfielder, according to the Daily Telegraph.
Juventus want €100million (£71m) for the 22-year-old, and the player himself would demand £12million per year to move to the Etihad Stadium, figures which are said to have put off City’s sporting director Txiki Begiristain.
Pogba is said to be holding out for a move to Barcelona, but City could yet renew their interest in the France star if that move does not materialise and he or Juve are willing to lower their demands, adds the Telegraph.
In the meantime, City will focus on Sterling, Fabian Delph and Wolfsburg’s Kevin De Bruyne, who it is said the club are willing to pay £50million to land.
PALACE TO LAND CABAYE AND AUSTIN
Crystal Palace will offer Yohan Cabaye £100,000 a week in a bid to lure the Paris Saint-Germain midfielder to Selhurst Park, according to The Sun.
And even though the 29-year-old will cost the Eagles at least £10million – in fact, the Daily Mail claims a £12.8million fee has been agreed – the tabloid claims the south London club are also willing to spend up to £15million on QPR striker Charlie Austin, who they plan to offer £65,000 a week to fight off interest from the likes of Newcastle and Bournemouth.
Palace will also turn down Everton’s £8million bid for Scott Dann, it is claimed.
ARSENAL COULD TRY FOR DI MARIA
Mesut Ozil will be handed Arsenal’s No 10 role on a permanent basis next season, according to the Daily Mail, forcing Alex Sanchez into a wide role.
And despite their wealth of attacking midfielders, the Mail claims Arsenal could even move for another winger this summer and would be interested in Manchester United’s Angel Di Maria, who Arsene Wenger has tried to sign on two previous occasions.
United would be reluctant to sell the Argentine to a Premier League rival, the newspaper admits, adding the Gunners would not be able to match his current salary but would be interested in doing a deal if the numbers could work.
AND THE REST
– Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has been knocked back in a £20m move for Real Madrid star Isco (Daily Mirror/Daily Star)
– Besiktas are bidding to test Chelsea’s insistence that Loic Remy is not for sale. The Turkish club are seeking a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal for the 28-year-old striker (Daily Mirror)
– Mohamed Salah will meet with Chelsea today to decide his future (Daily Star)
– Carl Jenkinson is in line for an improved contract at Arsenal, despite heading out on loan this summer (Daily Mail)
– Manchester United will finally sign Valencia defender Nicholas Otamendi (Daily Express)
– Manchester United are closing in on the signing of right-sided defender Matteo Darmian after discussions with Italian club Torino reached an advanced stage (Daily Mail)
– Fenerbahce have stepped up their efforts to sign Robin van Persie from Manchester United (Daily Mirror)
– Sunderland have tabled an offer of £9m for Dynamo Kiev striker Jeremain Lens (Daily Mail)
– West Ham have rejected a £5.5m bid from Middlesbrough for Stewart Downing (Daily Telegraph)
– West Ham have failed in a bid to sign Rennes winger Paul-Georges Ntep, who would prefer a move to a Champions League club (Daily Mail)
– Leicester have offered £6million for Caen star N’Golo Kante (Daily Mirror)
– QPR’s move for Lazio midfielder Ravel Morrison is on hold (Daily Mirror)