Paper Talk: United plot Bale swoop, Ritchie on radar

Date published: Sunday 6th September 2015 8:33

Paper-Talk-Ronaldo-Bale-Reus TEAMtalk

Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo and Marco Reus: All targets for Manchester United

Man Utd have prioritised a move for Gareth Bale and are linked with moves for Cristiano Ronaldo, Marco Reus and Matt Ritchie, while Barca want Man City’s Jesus Navas.

UNITED STILL FANCY BALE AND RONALDO

Signing Gareth Bale is now a priority over the next 12 months for Manchester United, who reportedly believe that the fall-out from the collapse of David De Gea’s move will not stop Real Madrid from doing business with them in future.

The two clubs have been involved in a war of words since Monday night when De Gea’s transfer failed to be completed before the Spanish transfer deadline. Despite the animosity, a ‘high level source’ has reportedly told The Sunday Mirror that the feud will not interfere in future dealings between the two giants.

So United are now set on convincing Bale to return to the Premier League with them. The Wales star has rejected the Red Devils on numerous occasions so far but the Old Trafford club are refusing to accept defeat and feel a deal could be done after Bale’s third season at Real.

There is also reported to be a growing feeling at United that Ronaldo could be re-signed if there is no improvement in his relationship with Real boss Rafael Benitez.

REUS AND RITCHIE ON RED DEVILS’ RADAR

United also believe there is a deal to be done for Marco Reus, with Adnan Januzaj set to be used as bait for Borussia Dortmund.

Januzaj joined Dortmund on loan for the season last week, when United also baulked at the price they were quoted for Reus when they made enquires over the Germany attacker’s availability.

But, according to the Sunday People, United’s willingness to sanction Januzaj’s loan move is seen as groundwork for an offer for Reus next summer.

The same paper also reports that Bournemouth’s Matt Ritchie is being tracked by United, who considered a move for the 25-year-old late in the window before deciding to wait and monitor his progress following a fine start to his first season in the Premier League.

NAVAS AMONG BARCA TARGETS

Despite boasting a forward line of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez, Barcelona aren’t happy with their attacking options, apparently.

That is the line reported in the Mail on Sunday, who repeat a story in Mundo Deportivo that the Barca technical committee have identified Manchester City’s Jesus Navas as one of their main targets for January and next summer.

The Spain winger is likely to find playing time harder to come by at Manchester City this season and Barca apparently believe Navas can bring  ‘quality, dribbling and hunger’ to the Nou Camp.

Celta Vigo striker Nolito, Antonio Candreva of Lazio and Real Sociedad’s Carlos Vela are the other names mentioned.

PSG TO GO BACK FOR COLEMAN

PSG are planning another bid for Everton right-back Seamus Coleman in the January transfer window.

The French giants were knocked back late in the window with an offer of £20m plus Gregory van der Wiel, but Laurent Blanc is set to bid again. Coleman was reportedly keen to explore his options but unwilling to rock the boat at Everton, probably after seeing the grief John Stones received after his transfer request.

Bayern Munich were also said to be keen on Coleman.

AND THE REST

  • Chelsea will make a fifth bid to sign Everton defender John Stones during the January transfer window (Sunday Mirror)
  • Newcastle made a deadline-day move for Charlie Austin – and hope they could still win the battle to sign him (Sunday Mirror)
  • Manchester United have slammed the door shut on David de Gea joining Real Madrid in the New Year (Sunday Mirror)
  • West Brom will prevent Saido Berahino going on strike – by offering him a new contract with a £25m buy-out clause (Sunday People)
  • Manchester United and Real Madrid are determined to repair the damage of the hostile summer transfer window which left both clubs on a war footing (Sunday Express)
  • Welsh fans have been warned not to ruin what could be football’s biggest day in the country for over half-a-century by encroaching onto the pitch if they defeat Israel on Sunday (Mail on Sunday)
  • Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba rejected a £62m move to Chelsea (The Independent)
  • Derby County are keen on signing Manchester United starlet James Wilson on loan (Daily Star on Sunday)
  • Kevin De Bruyne’s dad has revealed the £58m Man City star can’t wait to stuff Jose Mourinho’s ‘cry-baby’ taunt down his throat (Daily Star on Sunday)
  • Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo snubbed chance to join Monaco as part of the Anthony Martial deal (Daily Star on Sunday)
  • Chelsea ‘tried to hijack’ Manchester United’s signing of Anthony Martial (Sunday Times)
  • Manchester City also wanted Martial and gave the France prodigy a tour of their facilities when he was 11 (Sun on Sunday)
  • Swansea are ready to let Michu leave for free after he failed to find a new club in the summer transfer window (Sun on Sunday)

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *