Gossip: United to gamble on £36m Martial

Date published: Monday 31st August 2015 12:06

Paper Talk August 31 TT

Man United to sign £36m Anthony Martial, PSG snub Chelsea’s Marquinhos approach and Bayern to move for Seamus Coleman, claim Monday’s papers.

UNITED TO MOVE FOR MARTIAL

Manchester United have opened talks with Monaco over a £36million deal for teenage striker Anthony Martial.Mauricio Pochettino Tottenham manager TT

The striker – who has been compared to Thierry Henry – was being tracked by Spurs earlier this summer, but a deal failed to go through with manager Mauricio Pochettino turning his sights elsewhere.

But now the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph claim United want the 19-year-old as a replacement for Bayer Leverkusen-bound Javier Hernandez.

Monaco have yet to accept United’s offer for the highly-rated Martial as they do not wish to sell but talks are expected to continue on Monday.

Luis Campos, Monaco’s special advisor who is repsonsible for transfers, said they have had enquiries for Martial but he was not for sale.

CHELSEA FAIL WITH MARQUINHOS BID

Paris Saint-Germain have dismissed an enquiry from Chelsea for Brazilian defender Marquinhos, according to the Daily Mail.

The French club’s president Nasser Al Khelaifi is understood to have told Chelsea ‘not to bother’ with an offer as the Brazilian is not for sale.

Manchester United were met with a similar reply when they enquired about the 21-year-old’s availability in January.

Chelsea are reportedly in the market for a new defender and made their approach after their move after Aymen Abdennour joined Valencia on Saturday despite saying he wanted to play for Jose Mourinho.

BAYERN KEEN ON COLEMAN

Everton face a new fight to keep a top defender with Bayern Munich eyeing Republic of Ireland right-back Seamus Coleman

The Goodison club have been fighting off Chelsea’s attempt to sign John Stones, rejecting four bids – the last for £37million.

John Stones Everton away kit TT

Now, German giants Bayern are set to join Paris Saint-Germain in a battle for Coleman, according to the Daily Star.

Meanwhile, it’s now thought Chelsea would have to increase their offer for Stones to £40m – plus a player – to tempt Everton into a reluctant sale of the England defender.

But right-back Coleman, 26, is also in demand with the transfer window closing on Tuesday.

Everton have rejected an enquiry from PSG, but the ‘word from the continent’ suggests that Pep Guardiola’s Bayern were preparing a bid of £18m.

It is reported that Coleman has been on Bayern’s radar since the January transfer window. Everton, meanwhile, still insist Stones, 21, is not for sale.

AND THE REST

– Ronald Koeman has advised Victor Wanyama to heed advice from former team-mate Morgan Schneiderlin and stop trying to force a move away from Southampton (Daily Mail)

– Champions League qualifiers Bayer Leverkusen have signed Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez (Daily Mail)

– Victor Valdes’ proposed move to Besiktas is off after the club’s manager Senol Gunes decided to pull the plug on the deal. Talks had been ongoing since last week with a deal looking likely (Daily Mail)

– Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is making one last push to sign West Brom striker Saido Berahino (Daily Mirror)

– Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe is making a beat-the-deadline push for QPR striker Charlie Austin (Daily Mirror)

– West Brom are trying to resurrect a cut price deal for QPR winger Matt Phillips (Daily Mirror)

– Paul Pogba is ready to snub Chelsea and wait for a mega-deal at the end of the season (The Sun)

– Neymar has broken his silence on Manchester United’s megabucks offer to snatch him from Barcelona and said he wants to stay (The Sun)

– Roberto Martinez put an end to the John Stones transfer saga, insisting: “No price can buy him” (The Sun)

– Papiss Cisse is ready to quit Newcastle after revealing his hurt at being axed for the last two games (various)

– Liverpool striker Fabio Borini has rejected a move to Sunderland so he can push through a deal with Inter Milan (The Sun)

– Manchester United have rejected a Tottenham approach for Javier Hernandez (Daily Star)

– Corinthians and Brazil striker Alexandre Pato has ruled out a move to Tottenham (Daily Star)

– David de Gea is still likely to secure a dream move to Real Madrid before the transfer window closes – even if Manchester United miss out on Gareth Bale (Daily Express)

– Manchester United have emerged as favourites to sign QPR striker Charlie Austin (Daily Express)

– Sunderland are closing in on a deal for Liverpool striker Fabio Borini (Daily Express)

– Slaven Bilic has moved for Croatian striker Nikica Jelavic as he looks to bolster West Ham’s attacking options (Daily Express)

– West Brom want to recruit Liverpool outcast Jose Enrique as they continue to strengthen their defence (Daily Express)

– Manchester United are ready to gamble on Monaco teenager Antony Martial as the solution to their goal scoring problems by launching a £36m move for the 19-year-old (Daily Telegraph)

– Real Madrid will not face much resistance if they step up their interest in David de Gea (Daily Telegraph)

– Tottenham still want at least two more players before the summer transfer window closes on Tuesday, with the club ready to again bid for Saido Berahino and move for Victor Wanyama (Daily Telegraph)

– Barcelona forward Neymar has distanced himself from speculation linking him with a record transfer to Manchester United (Daily Telegraph)

– Bayern Munich central defender Dante will join Wolfsburg on a three-year contract after losing his starting spot (Daily Telegraph)

– Víctor Valdes is facing the prospect of being exiled at Manchester United until January after the goalkeeper’s proposed move to Besiktas collapsed (The Times)

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *