UNITED TO BAG BENTEKE
Despite Christian Benteke’s agent denying it, The Sun claim the Aston Villa striker could be a Manchester United player by the weekend.
The Belgian striker has been heavily linked with a move to Liverpool this summer, but the tabloid claims United are ready to activate his £32.5million release clause having completed the signings of Bastian Schweinsteiger, Morgan Schneiderlin and Matteo Darmian.
The speculation comes amid widespread reports that Louis van Gaal has met with Angel Di Maria in a bid to convince him to stay at Old Trafford for another season only to be told the Argentine still wishes to seek a summer transfer.
With Paris Saint-Germain interested in the winger, a deal involving Edinson Cavani looks increasingly likely, but it has been suggested in some quarters that United will look to sign two strikers this summer.
UNITED SET REAL ULTIMATUM
Manchester United have told Real Madrid to forget about signing David de Gea this summer unless they accept a £35million offer for Sergio Ramos, claims the Daily Star.
The tabloid says United will accept £25million for De Gea if Real sanction the sale of Ramos but are otherwise refusing to do business.
Ed Woodward, however, is said to fear the Spanish club will hold out for £45million for Ramos, a figure United are not willing to pay for a 29-year-old.
SPURS SET TO OFFLOAD TWO MORE
Tottenham could be set to offload two more of their unwanted players, with Galatasaray interested in Younes Kaboul, according to The Times, and talks underway with Sevilla over a return to Spain for Roberto Soldado, according to the Daily Mirror.
Spurs have already sold Paulinho, Etienne Capoue and Lewis Holtby this summer, while Benjamin Stambouli appears set to join Paris Saint-Germain.
Mauricio Pochettino is seeking to further trim his squad, however, with Kaboul and Soldado among the players heading for the exit door to help make space for the likes of Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi.
AND THE REST
– Manchester United have moved to beat off interest from Aston Villa for Mason Holgate having invited the Barnsley right-back to train with them (Daily Mail)
– Real Madrid have joined Manchester United and Roma by enquiring after free agent goalkeeper Sergio Romero (Daily Mail)
– Napoli have entered the race to sign Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah (The Times)
– Yaya Sanogo will join Ajax on a season-long loan from Arsenal today (The Sun)
– Aston Villa have agreed a fee of around £9million to sign Nice left-back Jordan Amavi (The Times)
– Southampton are in for Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk (The Sun)
– West Brom manager Tony Pulis has made a £5million bid for Nottingham Forest winger Michail Antonio after growing frustrated in his pursuit of QPR’s Matt Phillips (Daily Telegraph/The Times/The Sun)
– Claudio Ranieri could make Carlton Cole his first signing at Leicester (Daily Mirror)
– Leicester are in talks to sign Monaco defender Marcel Tisserand (The Times)
– Crystal Palace have had a £3million bid for Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Alex McCarthy rejected by the Championship club (Daily Mail)
– Watford are close to a £3.5million deal to sign Alkmaar winger Steven Berghuis (The Times)