Gotze snubs Liverpool interest to commit future to Bayern

Date published: Monday 23rd May 2016 2:23

Mario Gotze: No Liverpool interest anymore

Mario Gotze: Set to return to Borussia Dortmund

Mario Gotze looks set to stay and fight for his place at Bayern Munich despite attracting interest from Liverpool.

Gotze started only 11 games in the Bundesliga for Bayern this season and was reportedly told by incoming boss Carlo Ancelotti earlier this month he was free to leave the Allianz Arena this summer.

However, the 23-year-old denied the reports at the time and has now seemingly made up his mind not to seek a move away from the club.

“I look forward to the new season in Munich and will do everything possible to be in top shape for my first training session under Carlo Ancelotti,” Gotze told Bild.

Gotze is widely reported to have been one of Liverpool’s top targets for the summer, with the Reds also said to be tracking Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Mahmoud Dahoud and Udinese midfielder Piotr Zielinski among others.

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323