Hammer Aubameyang transfer blow for Chelsea

Date published: Tuesday 18th July 2017 3:43

Borussia Dortmund have announced that Chelsea target Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will not be sold this summer.

The news will come as a huge blow to Chelsea, who are on the lookout for a new striker with Diego Costa set to move on, and who are understood to have shortlisted the Dortmund man.

Aubameyang, 28, was believed to be available for €70million with the Blues, Liverpool and AC Milan reported to be interested in the Gabon forward.

Now though sporting director Michael Zorc has said the player is not  on the market.

“We consider the transfer window closed for him, because we otherwise would have run out of time [to find replacements],” Zorc said after the 3-1 International Champions Cup win over AC Milan.

The Sun reported last week that Liverpool and Chelsea had made contact with the Dortmund star’s representatives over a proposed £65million move with Liverpool in pole position due to Jurgen Klopp’s connection with the player.

Liverpool’s main issue, however, was said to be he German club’s valuation of Aubameyang and the player’s £180,000-a-week wage demand.

Milan meanwhile confirmed Aubemayang was among their list of targets, while  Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian were also keen but their transfer window has now closed.

Ahead of today’s news Dortmund boss Peter Bosz had been coy about the player’s future.

“Once the market is open, you will always have these types of rumours, and I think you will have these rumours while the market is open until the end of August,” Bosz said. “Not only about him but about other players.

“That’s modern football in these times, but there’s no news.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments