Hazard discusses Man Utd links and meeting with Mourinho

Date published: Saturday 28th May 2016 10:28

Eden Hazard: Sad to see Mourinho sacked at Chelsea

Eden Hazard: Sad to see Mourinho sacked at Chelsea

Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard has dismissed reports that he could sign for Manchester United – but admits he cannot wait to play them after the appointment of Jose Mourinho.

Mourinho’s appointment as Manchester United manager was officially confirmed on Friday morning on a three-year deal that could be extended until 2020.

With the new manager expected to reshape his playing squad at Old Trafford, there had been some newspaper speculation suggesting Hazard was one of his targets and the Belgian ‘had spoken with his old boss to discuss a potential move to Old Trafford’.

But speaking from Belgium’s training camp ahead of the pre-Euro 2016 friendly against Switzerland at the weekend, the 25-year-old suggested a transfer was not on his agenda.

Eden Hazard: Limps off against Leicester

He told SSNHQ: “Mourinho is a fantastic manager. I wish him good luck for the next season.

“I can’t wait and just want to play against Manchester United. He’s a good manager with a lot of experience. He’s at a big club now and he will just want to win games.”

Regarding his Chelsea future, he added: “I’m happy. I’m always happy. I have spoken to [new boss] Antonio Conte.

“He said good luck at the Euros and we will see after the Championships.”

The Belgian midfielder who signed for Chelsea four years ago from Lille for £32m had a disappointing season by his standards.

But having shown glimpses of his old form in the latter stages of the Premier League campaign, he is keen to exhibit his skills on the European stage in France this summer.

Asked if he was back to his best, he added: “I hope so. I want to be one of the best players at Euro 2016 and I hope we can get to the semi-finals or the final with the team. We have a lot of quality.”

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323