Hazard ‘not thinking’ of future amid Real Madrid links

Date published: Tuesday 25th April 2017 9:51

Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard insists he is not thinking about his long-term future and a possible move to Real Madrid as the Blues edge closer to a possible Premier League and FA Cup double.

The Belgium international has been heavily linked with a possible £100m summer move to the Spanish giants while there has also been speculation that Chelsea are looking to tie him down to a new contract.

Hazard insists there is nothing to report on the contract front and says he is keeping his thoughts firmly on on-field matters, with Chelsea still in the hunt for a Premier League and FA Cup double.

He told Sky Sports: “There is no sign of a new contract for the moment. I am focused on the last month, and we will talk later.

“It’s not in my mind now. I have two or three years left. I just want to finish the season well and we will see afterwards.”

Hazard produced another starring performance at the weekend to help Chelsea reach the FA Cup final, the 26-year-old climbing off the bench to help Antonio Conte’s men record a 4-2 semi-final win over Tottenham.

Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas said after the match that he believed Hazard was second in ability only to Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and can improve if he is more ”selfish” and shows a greater ”killer instinct”.

Hazard admits he trying to be more selfish – when the situation fits.

He said: “He’s not the only one to say that to me, a lot of people say to me you need to be more selfish, but when I’m on the pitch sometimes I prefer to pass the ball.

“If I can go alone, I will go alone. If I pass it’s because in my mind the pass is better than going alone.

“I try game after game to be more selfish. I know it’s good for me to score more goals if I want to reach the level of Messi and (Cristiano) Ronaldo. I am working on it.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments