Huge Perisic boost for Man Utd as Spalletti speaks out

Date published: Sunday 23rd July 2017 3:56

Inter Milan boss Luciano Spalletti has refused to rule out an exit for Ivan Perisic and said the proposed move to Manchester United is ongoing.

Spalletti was asked about Perisic’s move to United ahead of the Nerazzurri’s friendly game against Lyon and he revealed “things are going in the right direction”.

Jose Mourinho has been chasing Croatia winger Perisic all summer, but the transfer fee has been the sticking point all along.

Earlier this week Transfer Market Web claimed United were still to raise their opening offer of £33.6m (€38m) for the 28-year-old.

Meanwhile, Inter were refusing to budge on their €50m (£44.2m) asking price for Perisic, who is apparently desperate to join Mourinho at Old Trafford.

To further complicate matters, Inter remain keen for Anthony Martial to be included as part of the deal for Perisic, with the Serie A side seeing the Frenchman as an ideal replacement for the Croatian.

Speaking on Sunday, Spalletti said: “It would be better to ask him.

“You should ask him what he thinks about the interest of Manchester United. He’s a strong player and the interest of Man U confirm that. However, he has a contract with us and he must respect it.

“Then, of course, if Inter decide to sell him for an adequate offer, we would be signing a player who is as strong as Perisic. Things are going the right direction at the moment.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments