It’s 2015, but Dynamo Kiev plot segregation of black fans

Date published: Tuesday 27th October 2015 10:41

Kiev Fans: Pictured at the game with Chelsea

Kiev Fans: Pictured at the game with Chelsea

Dynamo Kiev’s stadium director has proposed segregating black fans to avoid further racism during games.

Yes it is 2015, but after four black men were attacked in the home section during last week’s Champions League draw with Chelsea, the Ukrainian club are contemplating splitting up white and black fans.

The club, who were fined €15,000 and ordered to close part of their stadium in March after racist behaviour by fans towards Everton players, is the subject of another UEFA investigation following this month’s game against Chelsea.

 

“We are trying, maybe, to make a separate sector [for black fans] in order to avoid racism,” said Volodimir Spilchenko, Dynamo’s Olympic Stadium director.

The idea was suggested by a journalist, which Spilchecko replied: “We’ll probably listen to your offer.”

Wow, just wow!

Anti-discrimination chief Piara Powar has aldo reacted with incredulity.

FARE Network executive director Powar said: “This was a fearsome attack and then we have people who think it’s quite within the realms of a sensible response to just be trivialising the matter by suggesting separate areas of the stadium. It’s utterly ridiculous.

“This isn’t an initiative that comes from him, but it’s a measure of how hopeless some of these guys are at that level and how trivial they think the whole issue is.

“There aren’t enough black fans in Kiev – in the whole of Kiev, let alone attending Dynamo Kiev – to have a separate stand.

“And if there were we’d know what would happen. They’d just be attacked.”

Related Articles

Your Say

Comments are closed here.