Jose Mourinho makes naughty dig at Antonio Conte

Date published: Monday 31st July 2017 10:00

Jose Mourinho has aimed an apparent dig at Chelsea boss Antonio Conte’s latest comments.

Over the weekend Conte said he was hoping to avoid a “Mourinho season” at Chelsea next year following their title triumph.

Asked about the comments after Manchester United’s 3-0 win over Valerenga in Oslo, the Portuguese boss, who was sacked by Chelsea in December 2015 after winning the Premier League just seven months previously, said: “I could answer in many different ways but I am not going to lose my hair to speak about Antonio’s comments.”

After referring to Conte’s reported hair transplant he piled praise on his new £75million striker Romelu Lukaku, who got his third goal in six pre-season games at the Ullevaal Stadion.

“It’s nice [for Lukaku]. Strikers they like to score goals,” added Mourinho.

“It’s not important for me but it’s important for him, for his confidence, his self-esteem.

“We managers are many times happy with them even when they don’t score because of the way they participate. For them, scoring goals is always important.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments