Juventus director Beppe Marotta has confirmed that Spain striker Alvaro Morata will return to Real Madrid.
The La Liga giants have a €30million buy-back arrangement in place which they must exercise before July 15 for the 23-year-old and Juve have now claimed they will take up that option.
Marotta told a press conference: “Real Madrid have exercised their clause for Morata.
“Now we just wait for the formal offer, then we see how to act but the chances of him remaining are little.”
Juve have believed to have offered the striker a new contract to stay in Turin, but Real have signalled their intentions to buy him before immediately selling him for a fee of around 60million euros.
PSG are also believed to be interest in the player, who has scored 27 goals in 93 appearances for the Serie A giants, albeit only 48 of those appearances came in the form of starts.
— Tarek Khatib (@ADP1113) June 21, 2016
Chelsea. Arsenal and Manchester United have also been linked with the forward, with reports in Italy over the weekend claining Antonio Conte was “calling Morata every day” in a bid to get him to sign for Chelsea.
Morata, who signed for Juventus from Real Madrid for £15million in 2014 on a five-year contract, last month hinted he would be tempted by a move to England.
“There are some offers from England that are tempting, not only by the contract,” he told AS. “I think for my characteristics the Premier League would also be a great destination.”
"Real Madrid have exercised their clause for Alvaro Morata" says @juventusfcen dG Beppe Marotta, but is "waiting for the official offer"
— Adam Digby (@Adz77) June 21, 2016