Juventus star Bonucci gives verdict on Chelsea talk

Date published: Saturday 30th April 2016 1:02

Leonardo Bonucci

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has revealed he is happy in Turin and played down speculation linking him with a summer move to Chelsea.

The 28-year-old centre-back is reportedly high on incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte’s shopping list as the Italian boss looks to replace John Terry.

Terry’s contract expires in the summer and he is set to leave Stamford Bridge after eight years with no new deal on the table.

Conte is believed to be looking to inject some younger players into the squad and Bonucci, who is an Italy international, has been earmarked as his top defensive target.

The tough central defender has been with Juve since 2010 and has established himself as one of the mainstays of Conte’s Azzurri side. Bonucci played nine of the 10 Euro 2016 qualifying games as Italy reached the finals in France with an unbeaten record.

But Bonucci says he has no plans on leaving Serie A for Chelsea.

“I’m fine in Turin, my family is happy here,” Bonucci told Italian outlet Quotidiano Sportivo.

“I’m proud to be part of the history of Juve and I see no reason to leave. The marriage to the Bianconeri was done last year.

“With my agent we organise things like this: we evaluate any offers at the end of the season. But again, I’m fine at Juventus.

“This is my home.”

Bonucci has been a reported target for Chelsea and Conte ever since the 46-year-old revealed he had signed a three-year deal to coach Chelsea after Euro 2016.

Manchester City have also been linked with a move for the former Bari defender, who is valued in the £25million bracket.

Related Articles

Your Say