Kingsley Coman admits Manchester City temptation

Date published: Monday 8th May 2017 2:00

Kingsley Coman has admitted he would have contemplated a move to Manchester City had Bayern Munich not handed him assurances about his future.

Coman has been linked with a move to The Etihad to join Pep Guardiola with City believed to be willing to pay £50million for the 20-year-old.

And Coman last month labelled the Premier League “the most interesting league in the world”, but now after talks with Bayern the wideman is happy to stay with the Bundesliga giants.

Asked whether he was staying in Bavaria, Coman said: “Normally, yes. Having said that, you don’t know what can happen.

“If tomorrow – I know it’s not possible – they buy Messi, Ronaldo and everyone and I know it’s going to be difficult, I could think about leaving. But normally, yes.”

However, the winger, who is contracted until 2020, did suggest that if things had developed differently under Carlo Ancelotti then he would have considered being reunited with Guardiola.

“I didn’t hesitate in relation to Manchester City or the coach, but because of my situation,” Coman told Telefoot.

“I’m young, I’m in a time of my life where I need to play. If it wasn’t here, if it was difficult, I was ready to think about leaving.

“But I spoke to the president about the club’s project, about me, and everything was sorted out.”

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments