Klopp rules out Pato bid as injury crisis eases

Date published: Monday 11th January 2016 8:30

Jurgen Klopp: Would enjoy chance to play Everton in final

Jurgen Klopp: Would enjoy chance to play Everton in final

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says players are beginning to return from injury and also rules out a move for Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato.

The Reds face Arsenal and Manchester United in the space of four days and Klopp is looking forward to the challenge with Kolo Toure, Mamadou Sakho and possibly Dejan Lovren all poised to play a part.

“It’s always a big challenge to play against clubs like Arsenal or Manchester United,” he said.

“It’s a good challenge, not easy, but really interesting. We have to make good decisions in the right moment. We are looking forward to these games.”

“The situation is better now – Kolo Toure will be available. Mama Sakho wants to be available and hopefully we can use him.

“Martin Skrtel is still a few weeks away and Dejan Lovren is close but we have to wait.

“So we have to look at Kolo and Mama. Then it’s Lucas Leiva – our three centre-backs.”

No truth in Pato links

The German also quashed rumours that Liverpool are one of the Premier League clubs linked with a move for Alexandre Pato, who has previously stated his desire to play in England.

When quizzed about whether he was interested in the Brazilian, he said: “I could say the truth and say ‘no’.”

“We don’t talk about things like this until we sign a contract, but you don’t have to follow the Pato path any longer.

“That’s my only private advice.”

Ward back from Aberdeen

Klopp also confirmed goalkeeper Danny Ward has been recalled from a successful loan spell and could now rival Adam Bogdan to be the club’s second-choice option between the sticks.

“It was an easy decision. We thought it was a good idea to get him back,” he said.

“We watched his improvement at Aberdeen. It’s a moment when we have to make decisions.”

Related Articles

Your Say


Leave a Reply