Lampard: I’ve rejected offers to return to Premier League

Date published: Friday 27th January 2017 8:41

Frank Lampard: Discusses future

Legendary midfielder Frank Lampard has said he has turned down a number of Premier League approaches as he waits for the right challenge.

The ex-West Ham, Chelsea and Manchester City man has been without a club since his two-season stay with New York City FC in the MLS came to an end last year.

But, in a revealing interview with Jamie Carragher for the Daily Mail, Lampard has admitted he has snubbed the advances of several Premier League clubs because he does not feel he is equipped for a relegation battle.

“There is a part of me that wants to stay in the game, sometimes I don’t know why, it just feels this is what I do,” Lampard said.

“I don’t want to leave and think to myself, ‘Maybe I should have stayed a bit longer’, I’m dwelling on it, I have turned down a few Premier League offers.

“But the fact is, after being at Chelsea for so long and a year with Manchester City, I don’t want to get involved in a relegation dogfight.

“I don’t mind challenges but there comes a point when you have to take stock, I understand my weaknesses, it’s late January now and to try and get fit and then get into a team and make a massive impact… I don’t feel I could give enough.

“I just want to make sure I make the right decision. I’ve appreciated getting options at 38. If something comes along that floats my boat, who knows? But nothing has, so we will see.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments