Lazio president denies RVP rumours

Date published: Saturday 6th June 2015 3:39

Van Persie hinted earlier this week he was considering a move away from Manchester United, stressing his desire to play regular first-team football ahead of next summer’s European Championship finals.

He said: “I must evaluate the situation. The club is doing that as well. I must consider what I really want.

“If worse comes to the worst and I won’t be playing much next season I wouldn’t be in an ideal situation with Euro 2016 coming up.

“It’s a strange, difficult situation. A new situation, that’s a better word. I have to think in a realistic way. It’s my ambition to play the next years.”

Italian newspaper Il Messaggero reported on Friday that United had accepted an offer from Lazio for Van Persie, and speculation has intensified after he posed for a picture at a Rome airport on Saturday.

However, despite Van Persie’s presence in the Eternal City, Lotito has denied the striker is set to move to the Biancocelesti.

He told Corrierre dello Sport: “Van Persie? Haven’t you figured this out yet?

“It’s all rubbish! Total bull! (Agent Vincenzo) Morabito is the one trying to spread these rumours.”

Related Articles

Your Say


Leave a Reply