Leicester City have only ever lost one Premier League home game against Southampton going into Sunday’s latest King Power Stadium clash.
Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel should be fit despite suffering a minor muscle injury while on international duty with Denmark, meaning Claudio Ranieri could name the same side which won at Crystal Palace a fortnight ago.
Southampton, meanwhile, have a doubt over Ryan Bertrand, who sustained a calf injury in the win over Liverpool last time out, but Shane Long is expected to be fit despite picking up a knock on international duty.
Kick-off at the King Power Stadium on Sunday is at 1.30pm.
- Leicester City have won only one of their last eight top-flight contests against Southampton (D4 L3).
- However, Southampton’s only win away to Leicester in the Premier League came in December 2001 when they won 4-0 at Filbert Street (D2 L6).
- The last three Premier League meetings between these two sides have seen a player score a brace (Jamie Vardy in October, Riyad Mahrez last May and Shane Long in November 2014).
- Leicester have won 12 and lost just one of their last 18 Premier League home games (D5).
- The Foxes have kept six clean sheets in their last seven Premier League games at the King Power Stadium.
- The Foxes have 41 more points from 31 Premier League games this season (66) compared to last season (25). They were also bottom of the league after playing 31 in 2014/15.
- Riyad Mahrez has scored more winning goals in the Premier League than any other player this season (7).
- Saints have lost just one of the last five Premier League away games (W3 D1 L1).
- Graziano Pelle has been involved in each of Southampton’s last five goals, scoring three himself and assisting the other two for Sadio Mane.
- Southampton have scored more headed goals than any other team (12) in the Premier League this season.