Leicester linked with five amid Kante to Man Utd talk

Date published: Sunday 1st May 2016 11:11

N'Golo Kante: Offered a new contract

N'Golo Kante: Offered a new contract

Leicester City have been linked with several new players amid speculation N’Golo Kante is a major summer target for Manchester United.

Kante has been continually linked with a summer move away from the King Power Stadium despite Leicester’s likely Premier League title triumph, with the Daily Star Sunday claiming the Foxes are willing to sell the 25-year-old provided they have a replacement lined up.

Kante was an £8million signing from Caen last summer but is now rated in the £30million bracket, with United one of several clubs apparently impressed by the Frenchman’s performances in his first season of English football.

United and Leicester chiefs could even discuss a transfer at Old Trafford on Sunday, it is said, with a deal involving Brazilian midfielder Andreas Pereira a possibility.

Claudio Ranieri is sure to want a proven midfielder should Kante depart, however, and the Sun on Sunday says the Italian has highlighted Sporting Lisbon’s William Carvalho as a potential replacement.

The 24-year-old has previously been linked with Arsenal and Manchester United, but the Red Devils’ interest in Kane and Benfica’s Renato Sanches combined with the Gunners’ interest in Granit Xhaka, not to mention Leicester’s success this season, could leave the East Midlanders in pole position to bring Carvalho to the Premier League.

The Sunday People, meanwhile, claims Leicester want to sign Rennes striker Ousmane Dembele, 18, Jagiellonia Bialystok goalkeeper Bartlomiej Dragowski, 18, and 21-year-old Feyenoord midfielder Tonny Vilhena in preparation for the Champions League.

Ranieri is also said to want a new centre-back and left-back, with Ben Chilwell expected to depart.

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323