Vincent Kompany is unlikely to be fit to face Leicester on Tuesday at the King Power Stadium, with the high-flying Foxes set to be boosted by the availability of Jamie Vardy.
Jamie Vardy is expected to shrug off a virus to be fully fit to face Manchester City.
The Premier League’s 15-goal top scorer played despite being ill in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Liverpool and was taken off to preserve him for Tuesday’s visit of City while Riyad Mahrez was also substituted at Anfield to keep him fresh.
Danny Drinkwater resumed training with the team on Sunday after a hamstring injury and could feature for the Foxes after missing their last two games but Jeff Schlupp (hamstring) remains out.
Manchester City are again likely to be without captain Vincent Kompany.
The Belgium defender suffered a recurrence of the calf injury that kept him out for eight games after coming on as a substitute in Saturday’s 4-1 win over Sunderland.
Striker Sergio Aguero, who is being eased back after heel trouble, could feature after being an unused substitute at the weekend. Defender Pablo Zabaleta and midfielder Fernando are back in training but not yet match-fit.
- Leicester City lost both of their league meetings with Man City last season, but they’ve not lost three successive league games against the Citizens since August 1961.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last five league away trips to Leicester City (W3 D2).
- Leicester City ended 2012, 2013 and 2014 with a victory in their final league game of the calendar year.
- Manchester City have not suffered a defeat in their final league game of a calendar year since a 1-4 home loss to Charlton Athletic in December 2000.
- Leicester City have scored in each of their last 14 Premier League home games.
- The Foxes have won 10 of their last 14 Premier League matches at the King Power Stadium (W10 D2 L2).
- Manchester City are on a five game winless run away from home in the Premier League (D2 L3); their worst away run in the competition since April 2011 (six away games without a win).
- The Citizens have scored just one goal in their last four Premier League away games.
- Wilfried Bony has scored in four of his last six appearances for Man City in all competitions.
- Kevin De Bruyne has had a hand in 20 goals (10 goals, 10 assists) in 23 competitive appearances for Manchester City.