Liverpool ace Coutinho probed over PSG link

Date published: Thursday 9th June 2016 8:50

Philippe Coutinho: Not aware of any interest

Philippe Coutinho: Not aware of any interest

Liverpool ace Philippe Coutinho has revealed that Paris Saint-Germain have not made a bid for his services.

Last week Coutinho was reported to be the subject of interest from the Ligue 1 club with reports from Le10 Sport suggesting the mega-rich club were ready to splash £45million on the Brazil star.

But Coutinho himself says he is unaware of any concrete interest after scoring a hat-trick as Brazil hammered Haiti 7-1 over night at the Copa America Centenario.

Speaking after the game in Orlando, the 23-year-old told Goal:  “As far as I know, there’s no offer.

“I’m here with the national team, this subject is for my representatives. More important for me is to be here, focused on the national team and having a good tournament. That’s where my head is.”

Brazil laboured to a 0-0 draw with Ecuador in their opening match of the campaign and Coutinho was relieved to see his team get off the mark in some style, albeit against one of the tournament’s relative minnows.

“We had a good game and are leaving here happy,” he said.

Coutinho

“We have to keep our focus for the next game. We have to be dreaming about big things, but we also have to prepare well for the next game. Peru is a very strong team.”

Over the weekend Coutinho was urged to leave Liverpool and join Barcelona by Brazil team-mate Dani Alves.

Related Articles

Your Say