Liverpool make another bid for Shakhtar star Teixeira

Date published: Monday 25th January 2016 6:40

Alex Teixeira: Wanted at Anfield

Liverpool have reportedly had a second bid of £28million for Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Alex Teixeira rejected.

The offer comes less than a week after the club lodged their first offer for the exciting Brazilian, believed to be for £24.5million.

The Daily Mail claim the Ukrainian side have once again snubbed Liverpool’s proposal and are looking for closer to 50million euros (£38million) for the 26-year-old.

Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre flew to Orlando last week to start negotiations with Shakhtar, who were taking part in the Florida Cup.

Alex Teixeira: Wanted by Liverpool and Chelsea

En route to the USA the player picked up a minor hamstring problem which forced him out of their final friendly game, but the injury was not significant enough to stall any prospective move and Liverpool quickly submitted an offer of £24.6million, which was rejected.

On Monday Reds boss Jurgen Klopp refused to speak about Teixeira again at his press conference.

“There’s absolutely nothing to say. Maybe it surprises you. I have nothing to say to things like this,” said Klopp, who muttered the very same thing at his pre-match press conference ahead of the weekend’s win at Norwich.

It’s safe to say that Klopp’s eagerness not to talk about the player suggests Liverpool are actively trying to land Teixeira, who has also been tracked by Chelsea and who also seems desperate to leave the Russian club.

Last week Teixeira told the Brazilian newspaper Globo: “I would like to move in this transfer window and have told them [Shakhtar] that. They have received a very good offer and they are working on a solution. But if I don’t go now then I will leave in the summer.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments