Liverpool outcast Balotelli linked with Mancini reunion

Date published: Thursday 21st July 2016 11:42

Mario Balotelli: Besiktas-bound?

Mario Balotelli: Besiktas-bound?

Liverpool outcast Mario Balotelli could return to Italy this summer with reports from Italy suggesting Inter Milan are chasing the striker.

Tuttosport report that Inter boss Roberto Mancini has informed the club’s CEO Michael Bolingbroke that he would not mind a reunion with the troublesome 25-year-old striker, who he has already worked with at Inter and Manchester City.

Mancini believes he can help Balotelli to get back on track after the last two anonymous campaigns with Liverpool and AC Milan. The Italy international managed just one goal in 20 Serie A games last season with Milan and his poor form put paid to any permanent deal for the player.

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp wants to offload the Italian striker and last week confirmed that he had informed Balotelli of his decision.

“I have spoken to him about this,” Klopp said. “He’s not at the stage of his career where he should be battling with four or five other players for one or two positions,” he told the Telegraph.

“We want him to become the player he was before his injury – the talent is still there, there’s no doubt about it. When we have done the crossing, heading and stuff he’s been world class.

“But this is not a situation where he should be battling with other players like this for one position, so it’s clear we need a solution.

“There will be a club around who would be happy to have the new Mario Balotelli. I have spoken clearly to the player about that.

Inter are hoping to work out a loan deal with Liverpool, who are looking to recoup the £16million they paid Milan for him two years ago. Inter will insist on a temporary deal with an option to buy, with Liverpool paying part of the player’s reported £90,000-a-week wages.

Balotelli’s agent Mino Raiola was understood to be trying to organise a last-ditch move to the Chinese Super League last week before their transfer window closed.

Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera claimed talks were held with a host of CSL clubs in the hope of negotiating a big-money deal, but nothing transpired for Balotelli, who is under contract with Liverpool until 2018.

Besiktas also refused to purchase the player last month, but Mancini seems willing to take the player on and could play wide with Mauro Icardi or even as an offensive midfielder, according to Tuttosport.

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323