Philippe Coutinho and James Milner struggled as Liverpool were held to a 1-1 draw by Norwich, but Danny Ings impressed from the bench.
Brendan Rodgers admitted he was left “disappointed” by his side’s inability to guard the “back door” against the Canaries, but who was to blame at Anfield?
Simon Mignolet: A costly error for Russell Martin’s expertly-taken equaliser, but a crucial save just minutes later from Matt Jarvis evens it out. 7/10
Emre Can: Simply put, he isn’t a defender. Comfortable in possession, but he just isn’t as useful as a centre-back as he is in midfield. 6/10.
Martin Skrtel: A typical battling performance from the Slovakian, but one that was still riddled with errors. If Dejan Lovren can lose his place, is Skrtel at risk? 5.5/10.
Mamadou Sakho: That this was his first Premier League appearance of the season is mind-boggling. Deserves a run in the side. 6.5/10.
Nathaniel Clyne: Aside from one positive effort in the first half, he could not offer the usual outlet going forward. Struggled at times in defence, too. 5/10.
Alberto Moreno: A perfect assist for Ings’ goal and an accomplished performance overall going forward from the Spaniard. Promising. 8/10.
James Milner: Booked early on and offered very little to a side which would always dominate possession. Not the sort of game he thrives in. 4/10.
Lucas: Did what Lucas does. The best passing accuracy, the most tackles and won possession back the most times for the Reds. 7/10.
Philippe Coutinho: Missed an absolutely huge opportunity when through on goal with the scores level. That represented only his second shot on target from 10 total efforts. 4/10.
Daniel Sturridge: Was bright but understandably rusty at times having only just returned from injury. 6/10.
Christian Benteke: Questions remain over his suitability in this Liverpool side, and this does nothing to alleviate any worries. 5/10.
Danny Ings (on for Benteke 45′): Has surely earned a starting spot? Took his goal expertly and looked bright throughout. 7.5/10.
Adam Lallana (on for Sturridge 63′): Pushed onto the wing despite a positive game in the centre in the Europa League in midweek. Still looked good. 6/10.
Roberto Firmino (on for Lucas 71′): Provided some added impetus from the bench, testing Ruddy almost instantly and releasing Coutinho for a huge chance. 6/10.
- Lucas Leiva made his 200th Premier League appearance today – only three South Americans have made more (C.Tevez, A.Valencia & N.Solano).
- Daniel Sturridge made his first Premier League start in nearly six months (first since March 22nd 2015).
- Danny Ings scored just 2:54 after coming on as a half-time substitute in this match. It was his first touch in the game.
- Russell Martin now has three Premier League goals this season; the top scoring defender in 2015-16 (ahead of Kompany & Ward – two each).
- Martin has scored as many goals in his last five Premier League games (3) as he did in his previous 86 apps in the competition.
- Liverpool are on a 11 match unbeaten run against the Canaries in the Premier League, winning nine and drawing two.