Liverpool set for snub with target heading to Napoli

Date published: Monday 4th July 2016 1:37

Piotr Zielinski: Set to Naples switch

Piotr Zielinski: Set to Naples switch

Liverpool target Piotr Zielinski is closing in on a move to Napoli, according to reports in Italy.

The Reds have been strongly linked with a move for the Poland international and last month his intention was to reject all overtures from Napoli and hold out for a move to Liverpool. However, that now appears to have changed with Tele Club Italia reporting that Zielinski will sign for the Serie A club by tomorrow at the latest.

Liverpool and Napoli are believed to lodged a €12million bids for the player, but according to reports Liverpool’s offer has been rejected, while the Naples-based club have had their same bid accepted.

Udinese are trying to get more money from the Premier League club and are now intent on selling Zielinski to their Serie A counterparts rather than see him move to England

Liverpool have been tracking the 22-year-old midfielder  since January with the player revealing he had been in contact with Jurgen Klopp over a potential switch to the Premier League.

The player, who is believed to be upset with Udinese’s stance, told Sportowe Fakty in April: “There is a lot of truth in (talk of) the interest of (Liverpool boss) Jurgen Klopp in me.

“There was contact, I do not deny that.”

Zielinksi, who has been on loan at Empoli for the last two seasons, made it known in March that he was looking for a move in the summer.

“I am working hard with Empoli so that in June I may have a chance [to make] such a big transfer,” he said.

Napoli and Udinese chiefs will reportedly meet today to thrash out the final details of the transfer, leaving Klopp to look at alternative targets.

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323