New Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is set to take charge of his first Premier League game at Anfield against Southampton on Sunday.
Daniel Sturridge remains an injury doubt for Liverpool after undergoing an ultrasound scan on a knee problem, but Christian Benteke and Roberto Firmino both returned in the Europa League draw against Rubin Kazan on Thursday.
Southampton, meanwhile, have Maarten Stekelenburg and Cedric Soares available, but Jay Rodriguez’s foot problem will be assessed.
- Liverpool have won their last three Premier League games against Southampton, conceding just one goal in the process – that being scored by Nathaniel Clyne (who now plays for Liverpool).
- Southampton’s 3-1 win at Chelsea on MD8 was their first PL away win since February 7, ending a 10-game away winless streak (L6 D4).
- Liverpool ran 116km in their first game under Jurgen Klopp last weekend – further than they had run in any single Premier League game since the start of 2013-14.
- James Milner has run further than any other Liverpool player in every one of their opening nine games in the Premier League this season.
- Milner has also created 20 goalscoring chances for the Reds, more than any other player for the club.
- Lucas Leiva has made more tackles than any other player in the opening nine matchdays of the 2015-16 season (40).
- Southampton have attempted more open-play crosses than any other side in the opening nine matchdays of the 2015-16 season (171).
- Saints have attempted 10 more headed shots (32) than any other side in the opening nine matchdays this season.
- Just three of Graziano Pellè’s 17 Premier League goals have come away from home (18%).
- Pellè (5) has scored or assisted as many goals in his last four Premier League appearances as he did in his previous 11 in the competition.