West Ham boss Slaven Bilic has warned Liverpool off trying to sign “improving” left-back Aaron Cresswell.
Cresswell has reportedly attracted interest from Anfield, where he began his career as a youth player before being released and moving on to Tranmere and then Ipswich.
The Sun reported earlier this month that Liverpool were preparing a £35million double swoop for Cresswell and Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson, but Bilic claims Cresswell is going nowhere.
And Bilic insists Cresswell has told him he wants to stay with the club ahead of the move to the Olympic Stadium next season and beyond.
The 26-year-old has been a virtual ever-present since arriving at Upton Park in July 2014 and has even been touted for a potential England call-up.
“He is having a great season,” said Bilic. “First of all he is a great professional, it’s a privilege to have a player who is always available.
“Last year he was our player of the year. He played every game last year, this year I think he’s missed one.
“He’s improved a lot. With the ball, and on the ball with crosses and his technique, he’s almost a playmaker on the left side of the pitch.
“But defensively he has improved so he became a great full-back and a complete footballer. He gets the interest of so many big clubs.
“I spoke to him. First he is under contract. Second, more important than the length of the contract, is that he is really happy here, he loves it here and he can’t wait for the new season and all that hype.
“Those clubs can try to talk to him but I spoke to him a couple of times, he is very happy and he is going to stay with us for a long time. ”
Cresswell will be in the Hammers side which travels to West Brom on Saturday looking to cement their place in the top six and qualify for Europe.