Liverpool’s Benteke on Pardew’s Palace radar – report

Date published: Friday 24th June 2016 1:28

Christian Benteke: Considering his future at Anfield.

Christian Benteke: Considering his future at Anfield.

Crystal Palace are said to be targeting Liverpool’s Christian Benteke as a replacement for recently-released Emmanuel Adebayor, according to reports. 

The Liverpool striker has recently admitted he was considering his future with the Reds after a poor first season at Merseyside and was said to be high up on new Chelsea boss, Antonio Conte’s list of transfer targets.

However, according to reports in the Daily Star Palace manager Alan Pardew is said to be on the look out for a new striker after Adebayor and Marouane Chamakh were recently released from the club.

Also the claims add that a source from Crystal Palace had told the tabloid that Pardew was interested in bringing in Benteke to fill that void and add some more firepower to their ranks.

Dwight Gayle, Fraizer Campbell, Conor Wickham and Emanuel Adebayor could only muster nine league goals between them last term, whilst defender Scott Dann was the joint top scorer last season for the Eagles with five and Pardew is looking to strengthen their attack.

The Belgian international put everyone on notice while at Aston Villa, where he scored 42 goals in 89 appearances for the club. The 25-year-old secured a move to Liverpool for a reported fee of £32.5million in the summer of 2015, but since then he hasn’t been able to make the same impact as he did at Villa Park, scoring nine goals in 29 appearances for the Merseyside club.

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323

Leave a Reply