Magpies and WBA warned over QPR duo

Date published: Tuesday 14th July 2015 2:20

Sir Alex Ferguson: Praised Jurgen Klopp's work at Anfield

Newcastle are one of several Premier League clubs reported to be keen on signing Austin this summer, but the Magpies are yet to firm up their interest with an offer, according to Ferdinand.

“Newcastle might have enquired by speaking to the chairman, but no bid has come in from Newcastle for Charlie,” he said.

West Brom are said to be interested in both Austin and Phillips, but Ferdinand insists neither player will be leaving Loftus Road unless the club’s valuations for the duo are met.

“We had an offer come in for Matty Phillips that was well below what we value him at, so we turned the offer down,” Ferdinand said.

“We also had an offer for Charlie which, again, was not where we want it to be.

“If they continue to offer that kind of money then I’ll be pleased because we’ll end up keeping the players.

“They [Austin and Phillips] are aware of the situation. They’re fine and are just getting on with what they’ve got to do.

“You’re a professional for Queens Park Rangers at this moment in time. Until that changes I expect your professionalism in everything that you do – and so far they have been absolutely bang on.”

Related Articles

Your Say


Leave a Reply