Manchester United have the chance this weekend to be the first team to reach 2,000 points in the Premier League era.
Ever-present in the competition since its inception in 1992, United have amassed 1,997 points and victory over Watford on Saturday would take them to the landmark.
Here, Press Association Sport takes a statistical look at the all-time totals.
- United are comfortably clear of the chasing pack in the all-time Premier League table after 598 wins and 203 draws. Arsenal are their nearest challengers on 1,794 total points, with Chelsea a further 39 back.
- Six teams have been in the Premier League since it began, playing 948 games apiece to this point and occupying the top six places in the all-time points list. Liverpool (1,647), Tottenham (1,411) and Everton (1,303) are the remaining three.
- Aston Villa were ever-present until their relegation last season, racking up 1,223 points in 924 games.
- Newcastle (1,183) and Manchester City (1,142) are the other teams to crack 1,000 and West Ham will expect to join them this season – the Hammers are on 990 ahead of Saturday’s clash with West Brom.
- Manchester United are also the only team to average more than two points per game in the Premier League era, with 2.11. Arsenal are closest behind with 1.89 in a top four unchanged from the points list, though Manchester City are fifth on 1.51 and Leeds a surprising seventh with 1.48 (692 from 468 games).
- The fewest points gathered by a team in the Premier League era is 30. Cardiff and Swindon share the dubious honour, having appeared for one season apiece, though the Bluebirds are spared the wooden spoon by having got there in a 38-game season as opposed to Swindon’s 42.
- Barnsley (35 points) and Blackpool (39) are the other teams to have spent a solitary season in the Premier League, and these two clubs are also the only others below 50 total points.
- Swindon’s 0.71 is the lowest points-per-game mark. Cardiff (0.79), Bradford (0.82), Wolves and Hull (both 0.89), Barnsley, Burnley and Watford (all 0.92) are the others below one point per game.