Man United officials ‘not expecting’ more incoming transfers

Date published: Friday 19th August 2016 9:16

Jose Mourinho: Told no more new signings

Jose Mourinho: Concerned at how City will re-organise

Man United’s world-record deal to bring Paul Pogba back to Old Trafford appears to be the last piece of transfer business this summer.

The Red Devils smashed the British transfer record for the 23-year-old French midfielder to take their summer spending to over £145m as Jose Mourinho begins to build his Manchester United squad after taking over from Louis van Gaal.

According to a report by the Daily Mail, Pogba is very likely to be the last incoming transfer made by the club before the window closes, but will stay on alert should a top transfer target suddenly become available.

Only arch-rivals Manchester City have spent more than United in the Premier League this summer, with Eric Bailly, Henrikh Mkhitaryan also completing big-money deals alongside free agent Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The Man Unite hierarchy believe the transfer business conducted so far is enough for Mourinho to guide the Red Devils back to the Champions League at the very least this season and perhaps launch a sustained challenge for the Premier League title.

A source told the Daily Mail: “You can never rule anything in or out but they are expecting Pogba to be the last new arrival in the window.

“Things can change quickly, but other than a number of players heading out on loan, don’t expect to see much more activity.”

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323