Man Utd have huge Mbappe bid rejected – report

Date published: Thursday 4th May 2017 8:04

Manchester United have had a £72million  bid for Kylian Mbappe turned down, according to an Italian journalist.

Gianluca Di Marzio says United have tried to steal a march on their competitors by making an bid for the 18-year-old striking sensation, but have been rebuffed by Monaco.

They have reportedly been told they will have to pay at least £100million to get their hands on the player, who played for Monaco against Juventus in their 2-0 Champions League defeat semi-final last night.

Apparently, Jose Mourinho has made Mbappe one of his main targets for the summer, report The Guardian. Monaco however want to keep the teenage striker for at least one more season.

The report does acknowledge United are “also interested in Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann”. The Atletico striker is widely believed to be Mourinho’s number one target and a move for both Mbappe and Griezmann this summer is not on the agenda.

Monaco are hoping the striker’s value will soar in the next 12 months and the player’s preferred destination is understood to be Real Madrid, but as yet there has been no enquiry for him.

United have struggled for regular goalscorers this season. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is their top scorer with 28 goals in all competitions, but his future is uncertain after suffering a long-term knee injury last month.

Wayne Rooney is expected to move on in the summer and Juan Mata is the second highest scorer in the Premier League with just six goals.

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments