Man Utd lead Griezmann race after ‘concrete’ approach

Date published: Monday 24th April 2017 1:33

Antoine Griezmann’s representative says Manchester United are at the head of the queue for Antoine Griezmann.

Eric Olhats claims that he will listen to offers this summer for the Atletico Madrid striker, who netted his 100th career goal against Espanyol over the weekend.

The 26-year-old forward is contracted until 2021 with Atletico and he has never suggested he wants to leave the Champions League semi-finalists, but Man Utd have been heavily linked with him.

And earlier this month the Manchester Evening News claimed an £86million deal was done and cited “sources close to the Frenchman”.

That appears to be jumping the gun as Olhats claims Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid are also interested in the player.

Griezmann has a €100m release clause in his contract and Olhats is well aware that will limit his potential suitors.

“We’re at the stage of gathering information from clubs who have a concrete interest,” he told French TV show Telefoot.

“There is an unavoidable €100m clause so that restricts the number of candidates. You have United, City, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

“United were the first to come and see us and the most concrete in their wishes.”

Griezmann has been coy about his future over the last few months and claimed he was “tired” of all the speculation in early April

Atletico coach Diego Simeone has voiced his fears over the France star leaving the Vincente Calderon.

When asked if Griezmann could leave in the summer, Simeone replied to AS: “Yes, because there is a termination clause. There is no security.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments