Fulham have reportedly opened the door for Ryan Sessegnon to join Manchester United or Tottenham by stepping up their pursuit for a replacement.
The Cottagers are said to be looking to replace the 17-year-old left-back in January as they are expect their talented youngster to move on in the winter transfer window.
Spurs have been long-time admirers of the England Under-19s star and had been competing with Liverpool for the player’s signature over the last two windows.
Fulham, however, resisted any offers for the youngster but are now said to be ready to let him move on – news which has alerted Spurs and new suitors United, according to the Sun on Sunday.
Sessegnon has scored four goals this season, including a brilliant hat-trick in Fulham’s 5-4 win over Sheffield United, while he also helped England-19s win the European Championships this year.
It’s no secret that United are chasing a new left-back, given Luke Shaw’s uncertain future, but whether Jose Mourinho would be prepared to take a chance on a player so inexperienced at the top level remains to be seen.
Tottenham, however, have a tendency under Maurico Pochettino to try and blood younger players and would not hesitate to try and land Sessegnon for the right price.
There could also be a situation where Spurs star Danny Rose, who Mourinho is a huge fan of, ends up at Old Trafford – leaving the way clear for Pochettino’s men to land Sessegnon.