Manchester City to launch £100m offer for Chelsea superstar

Date published: Friday 18th May 2018 5:38

Manchester City will look to lure Chelsea winger Eden Hazard to the Etihad Stadium this summer, according to reports.

The Belgium international has had another good season for the Blues with 16 goals and seven assists in 46 appearances in all competitions.

The Blues had a poor season considering they were Premier League champions this time last year as they finished fifth in the Premier League standings and missed out on fourth position on the final day to Liverpool.

Antonio Conte is tipped to leave the club in the summer and there is expected to be an overhaul after the club’s league performance.

And that uncertainty has cast more doubt on Hazard’s short-term future at Stamford Bridge with The Sun claiming that champions Man City want to bring Hazard to Manchester.

The report says that the Citizens are long-term admirers of the 27-year-old and that they would be willing to pay his £300,ooo-a-week wage demands.

Pep Guardiola is ready to rival Real Madrid – who have been linked with Hazard for years – for his signature and the club are prepared to bid at least £100million to get their man.

A Man City club source told The Sun: “The club would be at the front of the queue if Hazard becomes available this summer.

“The boss has long considered him a crack player. He has already told the board how much he admires him.

“The club have been keeping a watchful eye. They know his value will drop if his deal continues to run down.

“Pep is refusing to spend money for the sake of it. He only wants a player who can take the squad to the next level.

“Hazard is in his prime and requires no introduction to the rigours of the Premier League.”

 

Like our dedicated Chelsea Facebook page for the latest news and features to your timeline

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments