Manchester City are set to welcome back David Silva as they look to maintain their strong Premier League record against Southampton.
Joe Hart has been added to Manchester City’s injury list with a hamstring strain suffered in the midweek Champions League defeat to Juventus, but David Silva is fit again.
Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta and Eliaquim Mangala are the other major absentees for Manuel Pellegrini’s side.
Southampton, meanwhile, are likely to start with Shane Long in attack, with Graziano Pelle suspended and Jay Rodriguez injured. Sadio Mane should be fit to play despite an unspecified knock.
- Southampton have won just one of the last eight Premier League games against Manchester City (W1 D2 L5).
- Raheem Sterling has scored in three of his five Premier League games against Southampton.
- Manchester City have won just three of their last eight Premier League games (W3 D2 L3).
- City haven’t lost back-to-back Premier League games at home since December 2008.
- Southampton have won just two of their last 13 Premier League away games (W2 D5 L6) but are unbeaten on the road this season (W2 D4).
- Manchester City have mustered the most shots of any team in the top flight this season (164, not including blocked).
- City have allowed fewer shots on target against them than any other team in the Premier League this season (37).
- Southampton have allowed the fewest shots on target from inside the penalty area against them this season (26).
- Sergio Aguero is the top-scoring South American player in Premier League history (85 goals).
- Saints have scored the joint-most headed goals in the top flight this season (6, level with Arsenal and Leicester).