Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has scored five goals in his last five Premier League games against Stoke City going into Saturday’s latest encounter at the Etihad Stadium.
Manchester City playmaker David Silva is back in contention after missing the last two games with an ankle injury.
Full-backs Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna are also available again after back problems, with Samir Nasri – who is not registered to play in Europe – the only notable absentee with a muscle problem ahead of the Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid in midweek.
Xherdan Shaqiri misses out for Stoke after sustaining a hamstring injury which forced him off at half-time of Monday’s 4-0 home defeat to Tottenham.
Shay Given will keep his place in goal against his former club, but Eric Pieters completes a two-game ban for the Potters.
Kick-off at the Etihad Stadium is at 12.45pm.
- Stoke City won this fixture last season after having lost their previous six Premier League trips to the Etihad without scoring a goal.
- Sergio Aguero has scored five goals in five Premier League appearances against Stoke City.
- Aguero has scored 14 goals in his last 13 Premier League matches for Manchester City and netted his 100th in the competition in their midweek draw with Newcastle United.
- Wilfried Bony has scored three goals in four Premier League games against the Potters.
- Former Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has now managed exactly twice as many Premier League games for Stoke (110) than he did for the Citizens (55).
- Hughes was never on the losing side with Blackburn Rovers against Manchester City (W4 D4). His record with Stoke is W2 L2 D1.
- Manchester City have lost five of their 17 Premier League home games this season, including three of the last five. They lost only five in the previous 86 matches at the Etihad.
- Manuel Pellegrini’s side have kept just three clean sheets in their last 15 Premier League home matches.
- Stoke have gone eight away Premier League games without a clean sheet on the road.
- Former Manchester City goalkeeper Shay Given has conceded 10 goals in his last two Premier League appearances, including four on his Stoke debut in the competition on Monday against Tottenham.