Manchester United starlet’s agent blasts exit reports

Date published: Saturday 30th July 2016 12:25

Timothy Fosu-Mensah: Not leaving

Timothy Fosu-Mensah: Not leaving

Timothy Fosu-Mensah’s agent has branded reports claiming that his Manchester United future was over as “rubbish”.

The 18-year-old, along with Bastian Schweinsteiger and Adnan Januzaj, was one of nine players reportedly deemed surplus to requirements at Old Trafford this summer, despite impressing under Louis van Gaal last season.

But the right-back’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, insists that United have no plans to sell the Dutch defender.

He told IBTimesUK: “There is no truth in it. These reports are complete rubbish.”

Jose Mourinho claimed that Fosu-Mensah was only omitted from Manchester United’s squad to face Galatasaray due to a minor injury concern.

However, Mourinho says the versatile midfielder, along with four other first-teamers had been left out of the party travelling to Gothenburg as a precaution.

“Fosu-Mensah is not so much injured,” Mourinho told MUTV. “But he has this little thing that we want to be careful with given that he is young. He is separate from the group until he is 100 per cent back.”

Related Articles

Your Say