Manchester United will have to rely on help from Swansea City to make the top four of the Premier League even if they beat Bournemouth at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Adnan Januzaj misses out for Manchester United with a hamstring injury and is joined on the sidelines by Matteo Darmian (ankle), while Ashley Young is making his way back to full fitness.
Marouane Fellaini continues to miss out through suspension, while Bastian Schweinsteiger (knee) and Luke Shaw (leg) are still sidelined.
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has no fresh injury or suspension worries, but Adam Smith remains unavailable due to a groin injury which forced him off in the 4-0 defeat to Manchester City at the beginning of April.
Sylvain Distin (back), Tyrone Mings (knee) and Tokelo Rantie (muscular injury) are even longer-term injuries.
- Manchester United have taken 19 points from a possible 21 in their last seven Premier League games at Old Trafford.
- United have conceded fewer goals than any other team in the Premier League on home soil this season (8).
- There have been just 32 goals in the Premier League at Old Trafford, fewer than on any other ground in the top flight this season.
- The Red Devils have netted just 46 top-flight goals this season so far; their lowest goal tally in a completed Premier League campaign is 58 in 04-05.
- Wayne Rooney has scored just seven Premier League goals this season; he’s never before failed to reach double-figures in a top-flight campaign with Manchester United.
- United have won just 18 league games this season; if they don’t beat Bournemouth, they’ll set a new club record for fewest wins in a full Premier League season (current record is 19 in 13-14).
- Bournemouth have lost just three of their last 12 Premier League away matches (W5 D4 L3).
- However, the Cherries have visited Old Trafford four times in all competitions, losing all four games without scoring.
- Eddie Howe’s side have won just one of their last seven Premier League matches (W1 D1 L5).
- Bournemouth full-back Charlie Daniels has provided five assists in the Premier League this season, more than any other defender.